Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Keetah's mini-me, Frieda.



Keetah still can't hear. She has an appointment with the vet as a follow up, I don't know what, if anything can be done. As an aside, see that wooly looking hair on her haunches? I had maybe two weeks of limited shedding in June. She's producing her version of wool again. This is the only reason I didn't want a German Shepherd, they are horrid shedders.

I watched the January 6 hearing yesterday. There must be consequences. If not, we will know without doubt the rule of law only applies to the rest of us. 

I watched the documentary by the British film maker who was given access to the Trump campaign in 2020. The thing that stood out starkly was the religious-like fervor of 45's followers. I knew they are ardent, but this is rapture. People cry at these rallies, they shout out "We love you". An older man told Ivanka how much he admires her dad and was choked up with tears streaming down his face. This goes very deep and is not going away. It left me unsettled, really unsettled.

We are having a rare nice day. Minnesota has become tropical, having regularly, dew points in the 70s. If I wanted that I would have stayed in Atlanta. Maybe not. Anyway....perhaps I will find some motivation and do something.

This is the potpourri of thought mulling around my brain this morning. 
 

10 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I haven't watched that documentary yet. Almost afraid too!

The Trump cult is very scary. I avoided that when some family visited this past weekend.

Sandra said...

Nothing in it came as a surprise, except the religious rapture I saw. There was some violent footage at the Capitol, otherwise mostly interviewing the family and travelling to rallies. I don't have any family so that is something I don't have to deal with.

Pixie said...

We have a german shedder too, it's been awful this year for some reason.

It's a lovely photo.

Lori Skoog said...

We had a few minutes of rain earlier and I can't believe it is raining again. I'll take every minute. I also watched the hearing and strongly feel that there are many who have to pay for all they have done to change our country, taking it down the toilet. No mercy. They should be treated as we would. Interesting how they are speaking up now to save their butts after totally supporting T before January 6th. They all knew it was wrong and have made themselves look like weak idiots. Also, why did the DC Police, National Guard and others not show up on 1/6. Morning Joe had many questions about that today and wondered if they were home eating donuts instead of doing something to help. Not only that, why does the committee have so much info with direct quotes of what was about to happen and the FBI was not tuned in? If I was a DC officer and was watching that on TV I would have suited up. All kinds of people were aware that something was about to happen and nothing was done. Why?

Sandra said...

German Shedder HAAAA!

Sandra said...

We need rain, Lori. You bring up some valid points, there are many whys. It was planned. I am not sure those who need prison will end up there. It doesn't seem to be the way it works.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those Politicians need to get back to work, they are wasting time and money as nothing will ever happen. I think they should all resign and new people should take over...wouldn't give you a plug nickel for any of them:(

Val Ewing said...

The politicians who were in on it, should be banned from office...those ones who asked for pardons.
The new leaked audio from Bannon is astounding. T never planned on giving up his office.

All the Dictator's Men and Women should go to prison.

Sandra said...

Far Side, I have a different opinion. When wrong doing isn't called out it only grow into more wrong doing. We deserve to know the details and I fervently hope something will be done about it. There was an attempt at a coup, this is extremely serious.

Sandra said...

Val, I can't quote Bannon, but he said something along the line of once Trump declared himself the winner and took the presidency Trump wouldn't need to ever worry about a vote again. There must be consequences.