Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Idling

You can just see, there in the distance, what my intention for the afternoon was. The lawn mower.


If knowing it is there counts for anything, I knew it was there. I also knew Keetah was lying on the decking-which-has-seen-better-days, I had sat myself into a chair, pillow behind my back and book in my hand; ignored the old grass chopper and read in the mild shade of the afternoon. One more day of weeds in the lawn wouldn't matter one way or the other.


8 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The weeds will wait!

Val Ewing said...

I agree. I spent the day reading on the porch with my dog too. It was nice!

Lori Skoog said...

I mowed half of the yard today and will finish tomorrow when it is a little cooler. Got to go with the flow!

Sandra said...

Far Side, they are waiting! Tomorrow, I swear.

Sandra said...

Val, it was a beautiful day and Keetah was happy. What could I do? 😉 Good for you taking it easy, too.

Sandra said...

Lori, you should be getting cooler weather, it was really nice here.

Boud said...

I'm very glad you reconsidered, and sat reading instead of serving the weeds. They're not going anywhere.

Sandra said...

Thanks Boud. They are still waiting for me.