Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Cat Days of Summer

why, oh why, do they come at once?


The zucchini is prolific. Bill, my neighbor, brought me the summer squash, I hadn't the heart to say no. My one plant is the size of a small planet and producing like a rabbit. Yes, hyperbole, but just a tad. I'll be stuffing zucchini for tonight's dinner, sautéing zucchini just about every evening and shredding and freezing what I can't use.  Whew!

We have had a summer of heat and horrid humidity. Other than watering the plants and picking the zukes nothing is getting done outside. Today we are having a bit of a break, which is much appreciated. Mark got a call from the dermatologist yesterday. The biopsy came back malignant. The good news is he got it all, but Mark now needs to go in every quarter. It was a shock, but then we took a collective deep breath and registered the fact that he had a malignant growth which is gone. He does not have cancer. He'll be diligent to make sure he doesn't have cancer from a melanoma in the future.

Keetah still can't hear but she has adapted much better than I ever thought she would. I'm beginning to lose hope. The positive is she seems ok. There are many positives I need to remind myself of. The ancient a/c worked during the worst of the heat, Mark is strong and healthy, I am managing to navigate my ups and downs and the cats are happy to have the door to the screened porch open so they can luxuriate in the moderated summer heat. 


4 comments:

Boud said...

Even though that was a good news report, it's still a shock to both of you. Needs time to process.

Sandra said...

Yes, it was a surprise. He has taken it in stride, so I have, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good thing they got it all, my husband had a spot too and the margins were good so they got it all. Good luck with the zucchini...you know what they say...People from Minnesota only lock their car doors during zucchini season:)

Sandra said...

HA! Like Bill bringing to my house, I shouldn't have opened the door. Age and health conditions, part and parcel.