Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, November 25, 2022

Day After

They are empaths, they felt our food coma.

I know we did. Mark said he should not be allowed to put food on the plates. I agree, I knew it was too much but I ate it anyway. 

 

I put a fire in the Bat Cave the last couple of days. It's been temperate outside so having a giant hole open in the chimney didn't matter so much. The light at dusk is soft and everything glows. We rarely use this room anymore. It was great when I still entertained, open to the kitchen and perfect for people to mingle. Now we snuggle up in the room of glass behind it.

I know this is hard to comprehend, considering my propensity for food photos, but I took not one photo! Of food, that is. I did take a couple of photos, obviously. We go to the son's house tomorrow for lunch. That will be a nice change. It's easier if he does the cooking, my son is a chef, since his wife is a vegan and I would rather not have that responsibility. He is not vegan so he cooks for her and then the rest of us when we visit. We get to see his Yorkie and the cat I gave my mother years ago. He took Murphy when Kate died. Murphy has been good for their other cat who was very skittish. Big old Murph is calm and gentle.

I hope you all who celebrate Thanksgiving had a day of good food, good company and an empathetic cat or dog or something to feel your food coma with you.

10 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Thanksgiving, yes we are in a food coma here too:)

Pixie said...

What an absolutely beautiful room.

Sandra said...

I'm still a bit food hungover, Far Side!

Sandra said...

Thank you, Pixie. The person we bought from put this addition onto the house. We never thought at the time what, say, replacing all those windows would cost! It is a nice room, Keetah uses it as her own.

Lori Skoog said...

Do I ever love your bat cave!!!!!

Sandra said...

Lori, that fireplace is huge. I can stand in it straight up! We don't often use it because the flue is enormous and has to be fully open to work properly. But it's a sight. The prior owner spent a lot of time in the Cascades and built himself a mountain chalet in Minnesota!

Val Ewing said...

We celebrated quietly as you know, but it was a nice peaceful day with no computers or cell phones!

That fire place! Wow!
Hey, it is big enough for Santa right?

Sandra said...

It is, Val! It certainly made me want to buy a house that needed a LOT of work!

It’s good to have those days.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a beautiful room and that fireplace would be my favorite place to sit in front of enjoying a good read and a cup of tea or hot chocolate. Our celebration was nice and shared with many others at the hotel where we dined on our NH getaway. A couple from Nashua also stayed there so we shared dinner together and dominoes playing afterwards, a good day all-in-all.

Sandra said...

Beatrice, that sounds wonderful! I do like the fireplace but it is very impractical when it's really cold because of the large flue opening. I love it when I do light it.