Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, November 5, 2022

Madame Barks-A-Lot

Trying a short post. I feel better but I still have neck and shoulder pain and I look like the loser of a fist fight. I will try throughout the day to check-in on everyone. 


Keetah is a barker and it is fair to say the the adage about not teaching an old dog new tricks rings of truth. I've learned to adjust to it, as she has not learned to stop doing it. There is danger everywhere. She is ever vigilant.

It's cold and cloudy this morning, looks sorta like November. I have soup I made before the big tumble and it's a perfect day for it. I'm being quiet, using a heating pad, topical and oral pain meds and mostly sitting with my legs up. It takes time for the body to heal from blunt force. Horses have taught me that a few times.

I'll try to check in throughout the day, little bits at a time. 

6 comments:

Boud said...

No rush on checking in. I'm just glad you're doing better. Shouting to be heard here over the barking.

Pixie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.

We have a shepherd cross and is the only dog I've ever owned that barks. I've always had beagles but strangely or happily, they have been beagles that don't bark. My youngest daughter has a terrible time with dogs barking. But Heidi, she likes to bark whenever anyone comes to the door. I like it now but it was hard to get used to.

Val Ewing said...

Goodness. One little step at a time towards healing. Hopefully you and your medical person can figure out why you just went ka-boom.

My little dog will back when he is outside ... especially IF I park our car in 'the wrong' spot. He likes things tidy and in their place.

If my Charlie feels lonely for whatever reason, he also can howl! That is a new one on us!

Sandra said...

Boud, you are funny!

Sandra said...

Pixie, beagles that didn't bark or bay, that's amazing! Keetah doesn't need a reason to bark, she creates her own reason. I've always had barkers but I could get them to stop. Not this one. I've met my match.

Sandra said...

Val, it's time both I and the doctor start realizing something is actually wrong.

I've had a lot of howlers. I love it! They used to sing together. A greyhound with a bass voice, a huge dog that sang soprano. Bassets love to howl and sometimes I'd get them going but starting it. I'm going to look for some videos of their concerts.