Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, November 7, 2022

It's a Cat's Life

The first photo I put on Instagram was of cats sleeping on an unmade bed. Here we are again. I got up and this one immediately took my place. Why let a warmed bed go to waste? No cat worth her salt would do that.

 


This little monster was a quick follow of her comrade in snoozing. It's evident from the hair on the comforter this is a favorite spot. I put the comforter on the bed before putting the cover on it. Cats don't wait.


It's cold with bright sunshine. It's always cold when we have bright sunshine this time of year. 

I was interrupted when I was writing this in the morning. Bill and his wife, Shiela, stopped by so Bill could double check something on the wood stove. Then the movie Bullitt was on tv and I got caught up in it. I love the chase scene. A neighbor's sister had a Mustang Mach 1 when I was a teenager. I grew up in a neighborhood of muscle cars. There were a whole bunch of motor heads, one of them taught me how to drive a manual transmission when I was sixteen in his Chevelle SS. Another neighbor boy had a GTO, we got stopped by the cops when he took me for a ride to show off. He was a nice guy. Those were the days. 

There is no longer bright sunshine, it's overcast and cold now. What a difference a few hours made. We have a busy day tomorrow, hope to hear good news.

7 comments:

Boud said...

I hope for good news for you, particularly medical news.

I learned to drive stick, on the floor, on the steering stick, four and five gears. Practically everything, Swedish, German, American, because of driving friends' cars to learn. I was happy to switch to automatic though. It does impress people to see an old party like me perfectly conversant with manual transmission.

Anonymous said...

I hope all your news tomorrow is good news.

I learned to drive manual in a yellow Volkswagen bug. I drove a manual transmission until 2017 then automatic.
Take Care,
Kaye

Val Ewing said...

Well I sure hope you get some good news and that the doctors talk and listen as well.

When we went in for cancer treatment for hubby, I asked the consulting oncologists if I could record their consult and they loved the idea. It helped us by being able to hear everything over again to digest it and ask questions later.

Crossing fingers and toes for good news.

Sandra said...

Boud, most of my cars were manual for the first part of adulthood. Our last manual transmission was with us until 2019. I was planning a self-guided tour of Italy in 2016 with a friend who is in her 40s. We would get a car but it had a manual transmission. My friend had no idea, I told her I've got this!

Sandra said...

Kaye, I had one of those, it was light blue! We are anxious to know what the next steps will be. Not knowing is hard. Thanks.

Sandra said...

That's a very good idea, Val. We have a busy day ahead, outside of the appt. We vote in person, so we have that to remember! Mark is feeling anxious.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Cats always know the best and most comfortable places to nap and one already warm is the best!