Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, November 14, 2022

Monday Monday

Currently happening in the West Metro. We are expecting about two inches. It's 25 F with a high of 27 F. There's the weather report.


Yesterday was much like today, other than just light flurries. It was good soup weather so a pot of garbanzo bean and potato soup was made, which led to a merry-go-round conversation with Mark about vegetarians. Would they eat it since it's made with chicken stock but no chicken? Sometimes he drives me a bit crazy because there is no answer he will accept! Don't know, maybe, no, it depends on the vegetarian? Just eat your soup, you're not a vegetarian.
 

Then, as further proof he is not a vegetarian, I made pizza for dinner with prosciutto. Also fennel, kalamatas and artichoke hearts. It was good, although the crust was meh. Whole wheat without a mixture of white flour does not make a light, airy crust. It's been awhile since I made pizza, a sign I haven't been myself. 


More food talk. I finally mixed the bread dough I planned to make days ago. This is a no-knead dough that sits for twenty-four hours, made with half whole wheat and half bread flour. I need to get my mojo back, we do like our homemade bread and I've always enjoyed making it. I want to make a rye loaf for Bill. 

Monday is laundry day. It's the one consistency I have hung onto. We had the laundry moved upstair in 2003 which makes it hardly seem like a job. The son asked me if I'm using stairs, he did see me after the collapse. I don't need to go to the basement for much and the house is a single story. We have a ramp on the back deck. My basset, Howard, had trouble with stairs at the end of his life, and we just kept the ramp. Service people appreciate it.

So, off to the day. Take care.

10 comments:

Boud said...

Sounds as if Mark just enjoys arguing points! I can tell him my Indian friends who are vegetarian for religious reasons would never touch a soup made with any meat adjacent base. My 2c. But given you're not vegetarian, it's pretty academic!

Sandra said...

Boud, you got it right! And yes, purely academic and often annoying. :)

Pixie said...

He's arguing about whether or not vegetarians would eat the soup when he's not vegetarian? He likes to argue, or debate, as men like to call it. Just be thankful someone makes you soup:)

Lori Skoog said...

It's a little colder at your place, but looks pretty similar here. Ha Ha! I understand about football...this is the first year I have taken interest as Buffalo (50 miles from here) is like our "home" team. As per usual your food pics are very enticing!

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is snowing here too, but we have more than two inches already. Chilly too. We are trying to use up stuff out of the freezer...so meals are easy lately...more time for naps:)

Sandra said...

Pixie, I made the soup. He did the wondering! I think he gets into that because our son is married to a vegan. Mark also can be a contrarian, not that I'd know anything about that!

Sandra said...

Lori, it's slightly warmer today and still snowing. All of our professional sports teams are in the Twin Cities. Mark is a baseball fan, I'm not a fan of any of them!

Sandra said...

Far Side, you have been in the middle of this weather pattern. I heard it snowed a lot up there. I'm all for easy meals.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That was an interesting debate over the soup ingredients especially since Mark was going to enjoy it regardless 😉Soup, salad and fresh baked bread are in our dinner plans this week. I also make the no-knead bread and while I usually do the long rise, I also have one that can be done in a few hours. It takes a bit more yeast and warmer water at the start.

Sandra said...

Mark is a bit of an odd duck! I, on the other hand, am, well also an odd duck. :) I make all kinds of bread, I do like to punch dough, but I also like to have it easier sometimes.