Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Come Here, My Pretty. Said the Cat to the Mouse.

Cats. Just Because....


Mark had a productive appointment with the radiologist yesterday. He met with her for two hours! He told me he asked a lot of questions. Why am I not surprised? Where questions are concerned, no one does it better. He is confident in her and in the treatment and now has a schedule set up for six weeks, starting January third. 

My serial killer, Frieda, got two mice sometime during the night. Poor Keetah was upset and guarding a mouse corpse this morning. Frieda did a perfect cat swagger through the kitchen, laid down and preened herself, I think cockily, but then aren't cats always cocky? Yes, but she had a little something more. 

Mark has some shopping to do today if he wants a proper Thanksgiving dinner. I saw an article yesterday about how expensive these items are at this time. I need to remember to take the roasted pumpkin out of the freezer since I have promised a pie. Mark asked if I wanted a premade crust. I would love to say yes for the ease of it, but one thing I do well is pie crust and it really would feel like I threw in the towel. So, no. Not yet.

I got nothing other than laundry done yesterday so I must concentrate on the dog hair and dust. Put down the book. Clean the house. Yes. OK. I really do need to get it done, for my own sake. 

10 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Just have a plan of attack is a good thing. A dear friend got bad news this week her 12 year old has Stage 2 cancer they are working on a plan. Tomorrow is baking day here. :)

Boud said...

I noticed prices are high this year. And some items unobtainable locally, turkey breasts, rock Cornish game hens, I'm guessing avian flu is involved. That's why I ended up with chicken. Still good though.

Val Ewing said...

We are by ourselves at Thanksgiving and Hubby asked for BLT sandwiches for Thanksgiving! Easy Peasy!
One day at a time.

I'm glad that the doctor was so open to answering questions!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sandra, Our best wishes are sent to you and Mark and the pets for a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are going on a short getaway within NH and will be dining at a hotel in the White Mountains. It's just my husband (Patrick) and myself as family members declined traveling from other states to join us but we will see many at Christmas. Our celebration was held this weekend when we dined on a turkey breast and fixings and there were leftovers still being enjoyed this week. When we lived in VA, we would invite neighbors and friends to celebrate the holiday, which we recently learned is referred to as Friendsgiving. When we did it, it was just a way to have company and share a good meal.

Yes, prices are higher and we are making sure not to waste so that turkey breast bone will be used in turkey soup within the next couple of weeks. Now all we need is some snow in NH.

Pixie said...

I'm glad Mark's meeting with the radiation oncologist went well and his questions were answered.

Cats do love to kill things. Hope you both have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Sandra said...

I'm so sorry Far Side. It's difficult enough with an adult. A child, I cannot imagine the emotions. The positive is cancer is so much more treatable now.

Sandra said...

Boud, butter and cream are expensive! We order a turkey through the local meat market. We are getting one but it is costing. You made up for no turkey with that chicken dish!

Sandra said...

That is an easy to please man, Val! Mark said the doctor had a out-going personality and gave him all the time he needed.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Beatrice. You will have a lovely getaway together. We will see the son on Saturday, it does take some of the pressure off me. I tend toward perfectionism and I'm not able to come close to it right now. Having lunch at his house later is good.

We ordered a small turkey and will also make soup with the bones!

Sandra said...

Pixie, my barn cats have a killer instinct like I haven't seen before. The tripod kitty is one of that family but it's difficult with only one front leg. I think Frieda may have come from the same place as the barn cats mother, she was also a tortie, Frieda is just like them with the prey instinct.

We feel Mark is in very good hands.