Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Good Morning

I had a video appointment with my doctor this morning, which went well. I like her. She is referring me to neurology, which I think is a very good move. She feels my collapse on the deck last week is related to everything else going on. She also is scheduling lab work. So, I feel encouraged. I feel I have found a doctor I can probably spend the rest of my life with if she doesn't go elsewhere. She's 30s-early 40s, so that is possible.

It's getting cold throughout the day and won't get above freezing tomorrow. The windows haven't been put in the barn yet, so that is on Mark's list for today. Yay for Mark!

I thought something nice would be a good thing so here is Tilly the Bulldog and Fallon the Afghan Hound, circa 1982. Fallon always struck a pose when a camera came out. She channeled her inner Greta Garbo. I have never known a more difficult dog, ever. Yet, she grabbed my heart and held it tight. Sweet Tilly was nothing but love. From the Afghan I went to Greyhounds and from the Bully I went to Bassets, but of course there were various others in the mix over many years. 

Fallon and I spent years in obedience training, to absolutely no avail, other than the amusement of the people in the folding chairs watching the class. You can tell she was a star and she knew it. Her other name was Devil Dog!

Ok, mes amie, I am going take a plunge, pour forty pounds of pellets in the hopper and hope the stove works. I may be doing a happy dance or channel my inner dock worker. One thing you can count on, I'll let you know!

6 comments:

Boud said...

I love the Afghan hound, ready for her close-up.

And yes, on the neurological front. That's exactly what I thought about the collapse on the deck. My late husband had a couple of similar events, turned out to be connected with undetected spinal issues. He didn't have pain, because the medication he took for a serious unrelated disorder masked it. I didn't say anything, not being a doctor, but I'm glad she's looking at it.

Lori Skoog said...

Thank you for sending us this beautiful day! My barn windows were put in a month ago and it has been so much nicer for the ponies since we have had some nights in the 30s. Glad you have found a Doctor that seems like a good fit. You are on the road! Hope the pellet stove is keeping you toasty. Such sweet looking pups! We have had so many.

Sandra said...

Boud, she was a natural super model!

You would have been right if you had said. I was more forthright than I think I have been. Whatever, I got results. Now to move on to the next step.

Sandra said...

Lori, you are welcome! My horses are wondering what kind of joint they are living in. We have a step forward, this is good.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh a Diva dog!! I love it! So glad you found a Doctor that will listen to you and hopefully figure it all out! Hope the stove works, still raining up here, no ice yet and no white stuff yet:)

Sandra said...

Total Diva, Far Side! The stove is running at this time. I hope it continues, it puts a nice warmth in the room. We just had a little more rain. We are supposed to be around 20 F overnight.