Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, November 13, 2022

Food. Weather. Food.

Aren't we lucky....I decided to grace this page with a food photo. It's been awhile, for me a long while!


Steelhead trout, squash from the garden and broccoli. I looked up steelhead trout some time ago, as I like it a lot but didn't really know what it is. It's in the same family as rainbow trout, but one of them is in fresh water and the other is sea water. Now you know and can stop wondering. Steamed in butter with shallot and garlic, what could be better? 

It's a grey Sunday, not getting above freezing and some light snow. About what we expect from November. I don't mind.

That's about it. I think the last couple of weeks have zapped my brain energy, leaving me sort of vacuous where thoughts are concerned. I think I'll have another cup of coffee and make some soup.





8 comments:

Boud said...

That looks like a meal I'd show up for. I rarely get trout.

Sandra said...

Boud, you can buy it on Misfits. That's where I've been getting it lately. I think the have rainbow trout also. I like salmon but I like steelhead trout even more.

Val Ewing said...

Yum, your meals look awesome. Mine look like I threw it from the other side of the room. I think I said that once before. :
;-O

Boud said...

Late breaking info: I just heard that calendula salve is recommended for skin care after radiation. Might be worthwhile for Mark.

Sandra said...

Somehow I don’t that, Val. But even if true, you can hike miles through forest and I cannot!

Sandra said...

Thank you, Boud! I will tell him.

Far Side of Fifty said...

We like Steelhead too, although my husband likes it more often than I do:) Stay warm!

Sandra said...

We have it a couple of times a month. We have some type of fish a couple times a week. I like fish.