Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Mark had the bone scan today and will get the results in a couple of days. He's stopped his lumberjack work for a day and has gone to a pasture to repair some fencing. He never sits around. I do enough of that for both of us!

I did make chicken soup this morning for a chicken and dumplings dinner tomorrow. Mark asked for matzo balls but I don't have any matzo meal. Regular dumplings will have to do. The medical center is across from Papa Murphy's pizza, so Mark picked one up for this evening.


I sent a link to Bill's son for replacement parts for the pellet stove. I wanted to be sure I bought the right one. I did have the correct motor so I ordered it today. The company is about 25 minutes west of here and I asked Mark if he wanted to pick it up or have it delivered. He has changed. He said he thought it should be delivered. He didn't want to take the time. Laser focused on his wood chopping.

I haven't used that stove in at least eight years. I got it in the first place because that part of the house was always really cold. The stove worked well to warm it. Then we had a new furnace installed in November 2010 and the hvac guy wanted me to come downstairs. When the old furnace had been put in the part for the a/c unit had been placed over the opening for the ductwork going to that part of the house. We had an answer as to why it was so cold in there. The stove stopped working a couple of years after that and I didn't bother to fix it. Bill Jr said he'd clean everything up and lubricate all the parts so hopefully it will be good to go.

It's a really nice day. I think I will sit on the deck and repot a couple of houseplants. They are in serious need.

Take care. Ciao 

10 comments:

Boud said...

You sound pretty good right now. Both of you very active. It don't hoit to have an alternate heating source, because you never know!

Lori Skoog said...

Speaking of stoves....we had our's cleaned yesterday and found out there are so many problems we should not use it unless we get a stainless steel flue liner put in. A little over 3,000 bucks! Not what we needed since we are having 7 trees taken down on the 12th. What a year! I know that you understand! We still have a week of weather in the 60s coming up. Thanks for sending it. Hope you enjoyed your time out on the deck!

Val Ewing said...

We had a woodstove...or the previous owner did and he nearly burned the house down. We just have a little cabin heater for our tiny house. Having alternate heat would be nice.

Our new neighbors will probably replace their old wood burning stove. The new Justin said it needed a lot of work.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Welcome to November or at least that’s the calendar date, but the outdoor weather is more like early spring with temps in the 60s, not what one would expect here in NH. We have a small electric fireplace that we set out in the LR and “light” while we watch a show. We considered a larger one, but no place for it in the apt. Your pellet stove looks very nice and hope it will give you some warmth once all the parts and pieces are put in. In out former home we had gas fireplaces which we do miss, the downside of apt living.

Sandra said...

Boud, propane is expensive this year so it seems a good idea to have an alternative heat source. Hopefully everything else works!

Pixie said...

Fingers crossed the scan gives good results. Has he had a CT scan?

Sandra said...

Lori, that’s a lot of money. You will miss your kitchen fire. 7 trees is also a great deal of money. I can’t believe an insurance company telling you you have to do it. We will be sending you more warm weather, it’s warm again.

Sandra said...

Beatrice, it’s unseasonably warm here also. This stove puts out enough heat to keep that area warm but it has sat unused for years. I really like a fire in the evening. I have wood burners but gas or electric would also work for me.

Sandra said...

Pixie, he had an MRI which I think is what showed lesions on his prostate. They then did some sort of markers from that for biopsies of the suspicious areas.

Sandra said...

Val, I hope there's nothing more wrong with this stove. I need to have my chimneys cleaned, probably not this year. It's great to be able to heat your home with a cabin heater. I envy you!