Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Sticking to a Theme


More books on a couple of shelves in the living room.
Most are well worn. 



I kind of reached the end of my tether yesterday. I filled in a request for an appointment with the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN yesterday. This morning a representative called me, took more info and sent a link for me to give detailed information and also a link to set up a patient portal. I tried to message my doctor afterward but the site for Park Nicollet wasn't working. I need a referral from her. Not to get into Mayo but in order for insurance to pay. We have a convoluted system, those of you who have spent time in it know that. I've been on the merry-go-round long enough, it has become apparent I haven't been proactive in my own care. As a side note, it's good to know, as I read the doctor's comments after the last visit that I am well-groomed and coherent! Also, that I think I have a fairly balanced diet. Maybe I'm reading into it, but I saw a ya, right in there. Probably because I've seen it before, and not subtly. 

Taking the bookshelf photos is reacquainting me with books I have forgotten I have. I finished an audiobook yesterday so maybe I'll pick one of those forgotten books up.

It's a mild day, not snowing. We have about 5", which will probably melt by the end of next week. My Misfits box comes today with fennel in it. I have a whole chicken in the refrigerator just waiting to roast with the fennel. Yummity-Yum!

That's all there is for today. Take care.

12 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The wheels of medicine turn slowly. Hope you get that referral and an appointment!

Sandra said...

Thanks Far Side. I requested a referral from my dr and have done the preliminary paperwork for Mayo and set up a patient portal. Now I wait.

Boud said...

So far so good. Some of those portals work, others, well..let's hope you get an early appointment. Anyway you've established yourself as a patient, big step.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Like others who already commented, I too hope you are able to get both the referral and an earlier appt than you posted about previously, Sandra. We were hoping for some snow, but instead we haqve a rainy day in Nashua, NH, but I have a pot of homemade soup on the stove, so all is good.

Sandra said...

Boud, I am now in the system but I need a referral for insurance to pay. Mayo doesn't need a referral but insurance does. I received a message from the dr yesterday saying I should call neurology every day. That's helpful.

Sandra said...

Thanks, Beatrice. It's very frustrating. Mark at least is getting immediate care and attention, which is a good thing. Homemade soup is good whatever the weather!

Pixie said...

I'm so thankful I don't have to deal with insurance companies when it comes to health care. We have our problems but insurance is not one of them thankfully. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Sandra said...

You are so fortunate that is not one of your problems, Pixie. The hoops to jump through, the denial of coverage is enough to make a person ill. Certainly it can keep a person from care.

Lori Skoog said...

You are headed in the right direction....keep moving. 50 miles from here (Buffalo) 4 feet of snow may be on the way.

Val Ewing said...

I so understand referrals! The wheels of referrals for payment do go slow. I imagine a slip of paper being studied by several people and handed off and handed off and then there is a coin toss and ... well that is how I imagine it sometimes.

However keep being persistent.

Love the books!

Sandra said...

I'm trying, Lori. I am dependent on a referral. It's cold and windy here, 4' of snow is a lot, but Buffalo is known for lots of snow, I think.

Sandra said...

There is so much redundancy is our healthcare system, Val.