Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Chilling

A little chili with my cheese, please.


Last evening, chili for dinner. Today, chili for lunch. It's a cold, blustery day, perfect for spicy food. I have the furnace turned off, it's acting up. It comes on then shuts off. Better to leave it off until I can get the hvac guy here.The heaters and the blower on the fireplace are keeping us from being too cold. 

My son sent me a text yesterday morning asking if he could come to lunch. I swear he is going to think we are avoiding him. It's the third time in a couple of months I had to tell him no. All for valid reasons. This time Mark doesn't have time to visit, he's on a deadline and needs to be finished tomorrow. Mark has commented that the son doesn't seem to know me, I am not an impromptu person. Under the best of circumstances I don't do well with last minute plans and I never have. I guess the memory of uptight mom is buried. I told him we could plan on next Saturday but he isn't available. I'll see his new truck before it's an old truck, I'm pretty sure.

Small problems. 

8 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you get the furnace fixed. Now is not the time to be without heat. Your chili looks good! :)

Lori Skoog said...

Stay warm! We have a fire going tonight and it sure makes a difference. Your poor son! He would have loved that chili....hope you can get together soon.

Sandra said...

Far Side, it’s not ideal! Having alternatives helps. I’m going to call tomorrow. The chili was good.

Sandra said...

Lori, I’ve been biting a lot of wood. We live in a softwood woodland so there’s no shortage. Matthew will get here eventually. Timing has been bad.

Val Ewing said...

We took out the wood burner in our house, it was okay but with our tiny place it made it too hot. Plus the previous owner had a chimney fire and the Fire Dept response out here it a long wait...

Looks like great chili! I cooked yesterday and made homemade creamy potato soup! Yipee. I can cook!
;-)

Pixie said...

On the upside, he wants to visit his mom:)

Sandra said...

Val, yikes, you sure don't want a fire!

Potato soup is so good. Congratulations!

Sandra said...

Pixie, true :)