Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, October 8, 2022

Uncertainty in Life

What I did on Friday afternoon.


I lit the second fire of the season on a chilly, blustery day.
 

I watched a three part series on Brit Box, The Barking Murders. Then I got an audio book from the library system and settled in for a listen.

It has been quite windy for the past few days which has kicked up allergy symptoms. I did manage to make chicken stock before I sunk into the throne for the rest of the day. We'll have tortellini soup for lunch, another good day for soup.

Life has been quiet. I am trying to keep myself away from the beehive of political chatter. I can't do anything about anything, other than vote. Depression is a lousy companion, I don't need to encourage its company. The library audio books have been a true blessing for me. I have to be in a particular mood to settle into something on the streaming channels, but I can listen to a book. 

Life just got less quiet a minute ago. Neighbor Bill called to say he's in the hospital. He nearly bit the dust when helping his brother with farm equipment. He has blood clots in his legs. This is particularly hard on him, his older sister died a couple of weeks ago and two brothers last year. He is feeling his mortality. Bill is our only friend in this community, we really like him and want to keep him.

Stay well, good people.

9 comments:

Boud said...

I'm very sorry to hear about Bill. Tell him people he's never heard of, me, wish him well soon and sprung from the hospital.

Sandra said...

Ah, thank you, Boud. I will tell him and he will like that. He's a good man.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Sandra, Thanks for visiting my blog also and leaving a comment. Sorry that your older Kindle wasn't able to be used to help Boud. We have to dug the old one out and plus it in this weekend to see IF it will power up. I am thinking that you old one did not and perhaps that will be the same with this one, but we will try.

I left a message to that effect on Boud's blog as a first time visitor, but have yet to her back.

As I am always looking for new blogs to read, I hope you will not mind that I will add yours on my sidebar. It's the only way I ever refer to blogs to leave comments. And, unlike many others I no longer post daily as we did years ago when my husband (Patrick aka Grenville) also posted when we were living in a small town in VA. Now that we are in NH, he has other interests, specifically ham radio.

By the way, my actual name is Dorothy (aka Beatrice in blogdom). These were just fun aliases we started in 2008 when we started the blog and they have stuck!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Also, sorry to read about your neighbor Bill, especially in view of his recent losses. I hope he will be OK.

Quiet in life is a good thing. I will check out the Barking Murders on BritBox as always looking for something interesting.

Sandra said...

Dorothy, nice to meet you. I left blogging for years and returned to this blog in March. I'm happy to be back. Boud needs a Kindle that is just a reader, not a Kindle Fire. Mine powered up but it is a Fire. Sure, you can add me to your blog roll, it's always nice to meet someone new.

Yes, life hasn't been kind to Bill lately. He is our dear friend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh no I hope Bill survives! Clots can be real scary! I stay as far away as I can get from politics:)

Sandra said...

We haven't had an update on Bill, Far Side. I'll have Mark call him. It's scary for sure!

I can't take the current political climate.

Val Ewing said...

I too was wondering how Bill was doing.
Hope you are doing well also.

Sandra said...

I haven't heard anything from Bill yet. I'll let you know. Thanks for asking.