Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

🎶Yah, Yah, Yah🎶

Over my life I have saved bits and pieces of the past. I still have my Official Beatles Fan badge! I still have the first two albums in a bookcase.


I didn't see the Beatles in concert when they came here in 1965 but I did see the Monkees! We were silly girls.

That was a little diversion. Mainly I wanted to say we had a fun visit with Bill and his wife, Sheila . We sat on their patio and were there for an hour and a half, talking allergies, religion, racism and tomatoes. And anything else a person may be able to think of! Bill and Sheila are an endangered species in this community....Democrats. Bill was concerned about getting my pellet stove fixed, I told him it will wait. Sheila told him it will wait. She was not happy with him for helping his brother the day before with his combine. They were both tired from the influx of family on Sunday and the lack of sleep they both had while Bill was hospitalized. It's good to have him back, now he just needs to listen. And there is the rub.

I am going to attempt to do something with the rest of the tomatoes today. I don't usually make sauce to freeze but I may just do that. I will also make salsa verde with the green tomatoes. How far I get is anyone's guess.

My son's brother-in-law has had very similar symptoms to mine, also undiagnosed. He went to the Mayo a couple of weeks ago. I sent a text to Matthew yesterday asking if there is any news, not yet. Since it's so similar I want to have something I can present to my doctor, at least as another option to investigate. The Mayo is difficult for me due to the animal circumstances and my last reliable helper being gone for a few years. If I can get a starting point from his visit it will be helpful. I have crossed fingers.

Mark needed to go to town so he's picking up the grocery order and tacos from the deli, Taco Tuesday. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, I hope it is for you as well.

14 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Democrats!! I know so few...but that is outstate Minnesota for you vs the "cities"
Glad Bill is doing better and that you had a good visit!
It is a beautiful day up here, I just finished making egg noodles for chicken and noodles and am off to tackle leaves and a car interior!

Pixie said...

Glad your neighbor is doing better. I made a lot of sauce with my tomatoes this year,enough to last us until spring I think.

For me, it's always good to have answers. I started the process for Miss Katie and genetic testing last year, things have improved since she was born thirty years ago. No answers yet, but maybe one day. It won't fix anything but it will give me a little piece of mind.

Boud said...

I hope you get more info too. I've found that other people dealing with similar issues are almost as helpful as doctors! And they have coping tips, often, too.

Very glad Bill is up and visiting. And I hope he learns how to take it easy, a novelty to him, I'm guessing.

Sandra said...

Yes indeed. I'm from St. Paul so this was a cultural shock for me in several ways! This has always been highly Republican and was a hotbed of the John Birch Society. I keep my mouth shut and my head down. I'm not stupid.
Chicken and noodles...YUM!

Sandra said...

I usually roast and freeze tomatoes and freeze the whole to make sauce later. I think I make sauce with what I have left.

I do hope you do get some answers, peace of mind is a good thing.

Sandra said...

Boud, I'm thinking the brother-in-law may be a big help to me.

No, Bill doesn't take to resting well. He came home Sunday and was under his brother's combine the same day. Sheila was unhappy with them both. She told the brother he'd better start using his head, Bill wouldn't be around forever and he may not want to rush that along. I wouldn't want her mad at me!

Lori Skoog said...

In the 70s here and absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sending your weather along. Today I pulled out half of our carrots and blanched enough for 7 bags which I have frozen. Also sliced up 4 bags for the horses and will wait awhile to do the rest. Used most of our tomatoes for 45 bags of sauce and that usually lasts us until next summer. Nice that you have some friends nearby them are Dems. What's happening in our country with the Rs is driving me nuts. Anything goes. Hope you get some hot tips from the Mayo Clinic that may be of help.

Sandra said...

You've been having nice weather, Lori. It's 80 and windy here. I'm currently drying 3 racks of tomatoes and cooking down a large pot of them. That's a lot of bags of sauce!

When we still had caucuses we would go to the democratic one and it was kind of empty. I always ended up a district delegate because there were not many of us.

Having the clinic within driving distance is a great thing if you can take advantage of it. If I can get a starting point from someone else and not have to figure out how to do it myself that would be great.

Anonymous said...

I have the same Beatles Fan Club pin. I never was in fan club and I do not know where I got it.
I am glad your neighbor is feeling better.
Take Care,
Kaye

Sandra said...

Kaye, my group were Beatles mad. We all joined the club. Maybe you knew someone who was and you ended up with it. A score!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yah, yah, yah indeed, Sandra, from a still Beatles fan. I used to have many of their LPs, long since gone, but still have nearly all their albums in CD version, occasionally listened to on a playlist. Glad to read that your neighbor, Bill, is feeling better. Nice that you have a tomato harvest.

Sandra said...

Beatrice, I still have the first 2 albums! We had a huge tomato harvest, they liked the well aged compost we used. Bill is important in many peoples lives and we are happy he's on the mend and that Sheila is working on keeping him there.

Val Ewing said...

I recall seeing the Beatles for the first time on TV when they landed in the US and my Aunt's TV had the news story on. I thought it was crazy with all the girls screaming.

Of course, I eventually became a fan of their music. My brother knew every detail of the Beatles.

Good news on Bill.

Sandra said...

I was one of those crazy girls, Val!