Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

 

I got a call from the hvaq guy asking if I would do him a big favor. Could he come tomorrow? Yes, of course. It's not warm in here by any means but we are probably better off than most people calling him right now.

Mark had the biopsy, he said it was relatively painless and quick. He should have the results in a week. So, the wait isn't over yet.

I made a tomato sauce this morning with some of the remaining fresh tomatoes and lots of garlic; we can have garlic again now the biopsy is done. Hurrah!! I also made meatballs which are now simmering in the sauce. I don't cook the meatballs first, I simmer them in the sauce, I really do prefer the texture. I also don't use egg as a binding agent, I use milk. The meatballs are delicious clouds when made this way.

It was 55 F in the kitchen this morning. It was 21 F outside, so no surprise there. It's supposed the reach 40. My coffee goes cold fast, so does the food. I won't say we are roughing it, though. That would be ridiculous. But, it's still chilly.


It won't be long before we see this again.

With that cheery thought I will bid you adieu.


13 comments:

Boud said...

Great meatball tips, thank you. And good luck with the furnace. Good to get it fixed early before winter sets in.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It was really chilly here this morning it was about 15 F. That will give you a chill! Hope the furnace guy comes soon! Good luck to Mark with the biopsy.

Val Ewing said...

I have to purchase meatballs because I always have them fall apart unless of course I glue them together...not really a good option.

I hope the furnace is taken care of soon!
Snow. It snowed here yesterday when I did chores but didn't stick.

The winds are stripping the trees today and the leaves look like snow falling.

Lori Skoog said...

Whoa! It's a lot colder in your neck of the woods. 51 inside is freezing, I hope you had a fire going. Of course I would love to try your meatballs and sauce. Looks like we are in for some warmer weather starting Friday....60s. I'm sure it's not easy for Mark to wait a week and you will both be relieved once you get the test results. Hopefully your furnace will be running by tomorrow.

Sandra said...

Boud, some panko, milk and whatever seasoning and you get great meatballs.

Sandra said...

Far Side, that will give you a chill!

Sandra said...

Val, they aren't at all difficult once you learn the feel. Have your chef neighbor show you.

The wind stripped the trees last week. we are in a warm up for about a week.

Sandra said...

Lori, Minnesota is being Minnesota!

We have enough for another dinner, just the way I like it.

It will be a long week.

Pixie said...

It's strange that we're still having warm weather, although this is supposed to be the last day. I hate to see the snow come but it's the cold I really hate. I'm glad your hubby's biopsy was painless. We do a lot of prostate biopsies and I always apologize to the men as I put the xylocaine up their bums.

Sandra said...

Pixie, that's funny.

I don't mind winter. No one likes -30 F, but otherwise I am a winter person. One of a handful!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I saw that some states have already had snow, several areas in Wisconsin and a ND friend has snowy blasts recently as well, so now that weather is not far off. But, it hasn't been below 38 degrees overnight here...yet.

Sandra said...

We had snow last week but it was gone by afternoon. It's not unusual here. We are in a warm up now, Beatrice.

julochka said...

I'm reading backwards...I hope Mark's biopsy is ok! And I understand about the need for a new furnace. It can definitely be a shock. But it's definitely essential. I hope everything will be fine!