Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

BFF

This is a common sight. They are best buds.


I got a referral to weight management, then an email from that department advising they are 30+ days out for appointments. That's fine by me. It's another colder, sunny day. I've got chicken stock simmering, I will mix up bread dough and then try to do a little more cleaning. Sounds exciting, yes?

I really am caught up in the book, The Goldfinch. That the book won a Pulitzer is no surprise. It's an audiobook, 30 hours! I'm a little over halfway. By afternoon I am pulled to the book, that's it for the day.

Whatever tugs at you, maybe go along with it.

 

11 comments:

Boud said...

The Goldfinch is a wonderful book. I read it in print, because I needed to go slow in some passages and faster in others.

Dogs and cats can get along, contrary to popular myth. As can birds and cats.

Sandra said...

Boud, it's so well written you just travel along.

Keetah's best friend when she was with my mother was an orange tabby.

Lori Skoog said...

I still need to get going on an audio book.

Sandra said...

Lori, they aren’t for everyone. I now prefer them. I enjoy someone reading to me. I still read books but I prefer to listen. My son says he can’t concentrate with them and I can. Give it a try. You can install an app and get them through the library. It’s wonderful!

e said...

U enjoy audiobooks because I like being read to and I've got two going at once which is a first for me. I am glad Gatto has found the perfect home and friends. More soup here tomorrow.

e said...

Sorry U should be I

Sandra said...

We've proven we know how to read, right e! Now we can indulge in having someone read to us at our whim.
Soup will be right around the corner here, too. Enjoy

Anonymous said...

Weight Management...ugh... Dawn the Bohemian

Sandra said...

Dawn, I know. The appointment is the end of June, gives me time to dwell on it!

julochka said...

Whatever tugs at you is such solid advice. I should probably follow it more often. <3

Sandra said...

julochka, me too!