Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, March 8, 2023


It's snowing.


 
I made enough soup for a family of twelve. You would think I was the one born into that size family instead of Mark. We've been having steady, fluffy snowflakes all day. It's pretty and it's not cold. It's going to like this for a few days. I have the soup to last through it. I'd like to say it was forethought, but it really was no thought. I just made too much.

I don't know about anyone else, but this time of year does start to close in on me. Spring is not really a season in Minnesota. We go through this month and often April as winter. Then we have mud and then it's summer. This is my complaint about the weather. The rule of thumb was not to plant a garden until after Memorial Day. It has become warmer and more humid, but that is entrenched in my mind, so it's what I normally do.  I wasn't going to post today, because as you can read, I got nuthin'. I blame it on March.




10 comments:

Boud said...

For quite a few people, March is when the therapy light comes into play. It seems like a month lived in the subjunctive.

I've lost track of how seasons work. St Patrick's day used to be the planting day here for peas and potatoes. Not now. Either snow covered or too wet.
So I get peas at the local farm and I grow potatoes in containers starting them in May.

Lori Skoog said...

I will appreciate having light later starting Sunday. Little by little our snow is melting and there is a lot of mud in the front paddock. You are definately the SOUP QUEEN! And they all look so healthy.

Sandra said...

That is a perfect description of March, Boud. I do have one of those lights.

I know potatoes can be grown in pots but I haven’t tried. Maybe this year.

Sandra said...

Lori, I really don’t like the time change. It messes with me. I’d prefer standard time all year. I am the self-named soup goddess. I won’t have to think about lunch for a few days! It snowed all day. Supposedly more tomorrow.

Far Side of Fifty said...

And you live in the Southern part of the State, heck I can see Canada from here! March marches on to its own drummer, every day can be different. We sometimes get a frost after Memorial Day so I watch when the Full Moon is if it is early June I watch out:) Stay warm!

Sandra said...

Yes, I live in the warm part of the state😂 Most people go south for the winter, you go even farther north. it's COLD up there. You know we have had snow in June, even down here.

Anonymous said...

I've been in a serious funk all day... homemade Soup for an Army sounds like food for the Soul and a reason to throw a party for us pity party folk...too bad we're States away...winks... Dawn the Bohemian

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The best thing about soup is that it can be made in large quantities and enjoyed for several days. Same thing happens here with just two people. Yours looked so good in the short video, Sandra.

Sandra said...

Dawn, you wouldn't like it here right now, although soup and homemade bread would make it more tolerable for you. : ) You've got plenty of reason to be in a funk.

Sandra said...

Beatrice, yes it can. We don't tire if it, I often add something new into what I am reheating. I sometimes have trouble with video because I get tremors in my hands. That video suffered from my tremors. Lots of vegetables in the soup.