Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, March 13, 2023

Gatto No Got It


It's a beautiful morning, bright sun, mild breeze and 13F. March lets us know it is not a Spring month in the North. Gatto has been in full-blown kitten mode all morning. He's trying hard to be a flying squirrel, when in reality he is the clumsiest cat I have personally known. If he had to escape up a tree I'm fairly certain he'd miss his mark and tumble over. He is cute, he's got that going for him.

Monday always means laundry. It's the one routine I have managed to stick with. I have always been a person of routine, even as a child. That personality served me well when I was running the horse business. Having a way everything should be done helps in a world where chaos can spring up at any moment. The routine may be disrupted but is picked up again. Horses are like me, they thrive on having a routine. 

A soup-less lunch yesterday.


Is it a regional difference, grilled cheese vs toasted cheese sandwich? I've always known it as grilled cheese.

My thoughts are deep. Soooo, anyway....I got a little cleaning done yesterday. My body isn't working any better, of course, but my mood is elevated. Mood plays a huge role, doesn't it, in overcoming limitations. Or at least enduring limitations. Before I know it I may be Suzy Sunshine! Don't hold your breath, ha.

May we all bask in the sunshine of our lives.

15 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you get some sunshine today! Yes I call it grilled cheese:)

Boud said...

If it's done in the toaster oven, it's toasted. Done in the stove in a pan, it's grilled. Even though a grill doesn't come into it.

Lori Skoog said...

That looks like grilled cheese and tomato....one of my favorites. It's in the high 30s here and we may get more snow tomorrow just because a horse trailer needs to get in here Wednesday to transport Ronin to a Vet. Hospital for some diagnostics. Looks like a Nor'Easter is going to hit further East of us tomorrow pm and the Governor is already preparing for it. I'm so glad that you are able to carry on with some of your usual chores.....

Val Ewing said...

Grilled cheese is what we call it.

Attitude and mood have a great effect on one's health.

marlane said...

I think for humans it is "grounding" to have a routine. I also have a set day to do laundry which is Saturday for my clothes and Monday for bedclothes and towels. Husband Doug does his own laundry. I am a product of the hippie/ women's lib era !! He does the lunch cooking his choice. We eat a cooked meal once a day. (keto)
Our horses have to have a set routine for their health, psychologically especially. As in every day they are either ridden or turned out, weather permitting, we have had rain all day on some days. We go out at the same time and do the same sequence of, turnout riding, feeding treat dispensing etc. If this routine is disrupted as in not giving them their treat dispensers filled with hay pellets, they are not happy.

marlane said...

In England it is called cheese on toast but is made with one piece of toast.

e said...

That sandwich is sunshine on a plate and grilled cheese to me. I hope you enjoyed it.

Sandra said...

I got sunshine, Far Side!

Sandra said...

Thanks for clarifying that, Boud.

Sandra said...

Lori, it's a favorite here, too. You are finally getting winter and of course it would happen when Ronin has to travel.

Sandra said...

Yes they do, Val. A person needs some hope.

Sandra said...

marlane, I know this human likes routine! We would look traditional from the outside I do all the housework and cooking. Before I became mostly immobile I also took care of a lot of horses, managed the yard and gardens, Mark helps weed, and did any house painting necessary. He does fence repairs and any other thing like tree removal, etc. I have a somewhat controlling nature and want to have things a certain way. So I do it!

Sandra said...

e, we did. Havarti and tomatoes, yum!

Anonymous said...

Elevated Mood is a plus for sure... Dawn the Bohemian

Sandra said...

It sure is, Dawn.