Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Boil, Boil


While many are having daffodils bloom, grass green and weather warm, we in the Northland are still very much in wintertime activities. Like making soup stock.



Sitting in front of a good fire, reading a book.

 

We are used to it. That doesn't mean that Minnesotans don't complain about the weather. We proudly let the world know it's cold, going to get colder. Then it's hot as blazes and will it ever stop/start raining. I have never complained much about winter, as least by Minnesota standards. Summer.....that's different. The last dozen years have become increasingly warm, but the worst of it is the humidity. It gets downright tropical. I never signed up for the tropics. Unfortunately, my opinion or want doesn't matter, it's happening. It will continue to happen, this seems evident. So, I go back to my motto, having the motto doesn't stop reality, it simply helps shield me from it. I'll eat the food. Drink the wine (or coffee). Pet the animals. Enjoy the beauty. Find a motto, repeat it like a mantra.

6 comments:

Boud said...

You can have a selection of mottoes, pick one to suit the day.

Anonymous said...

My winter is not ending, either. Another 18 to 20 inches has fallen over the last two days. The heavy wet snow...yuck. My motto today is: this to shall end. Soon, please.
Take Care,
Kaye
Park City, UT

Val Ewing said...

This afternoon I was working on the pasture area when it started sleeting. It is supposed to snow hard on April Fool's day.
How appropriate.

Sandra said...

It seems the main one suits most days, Boud!

Sandra said...

A motto or a plea, Kaye?! That’s some mighty snow.

Sandra said...

Val, we are in for rain the snow. I’m not happy about this, either.