Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

I made a white bean casserole for dinner last night. I don't know why, but it's been a few years. It's just about the easiest thing to make. I guess it slipped my mind. I buy bacon ends from Misfits, they work so well in something like this. Cut to the chase, it was really good. 


I've had a couple of days of self-pity. Making comfort food has been, well, comforting. I made an eggplant gratin Sunday, something else that seemed gleefully delicious. My pity-parties need to be short or I will look completely like a swollen tick. What's not to enjoy about generous amounts of melted, browned cheese? One more bit about food. I made stock with a smoked pork shank yesterday. Soup is in our future.

Gatto's prowlin-n-yowlin has lessened a lot. Losing his parts has allowed him to be the kitten he is. He and Frieda have some rollicking good times! I don't know his story, I had originally thought he'd had some sort of home, but his actions are often that of a feral cat. It's hard to say, but I am working on his manners. He is Keetah's best bud. 

Boud mentioned yesterday that she does the tree pose in front of her kitchen window, giving passers-by something to look at. She graciously said what it is, one foot against the opposite thigh with hands clasped above the head. I tried it in my bathroom this morning, wisely standing against the sink. If the sink had not been there to hold me up, it would have been timber, as I had replied to her. I do chair yoga.

I guess that's about it. Frieda has just made herself comfortable in her bed on my desk, the coffee is gone and I have things to pretend to do. Enjoy your Tuesday.


6 comments:

Boud said...

I only get that foot up to the opposite calf these days. I stand, facing the V where two counters meet, in front of the microwave, because you never know when you may need to catch something stable. I'm always amused at my form, if you can call it that!

Sandra said...

That safety net was my bathroom sink, Boud! I needed it. Who cares about form, you can do it.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Self pity aside, Sandra, those meals you prepared sounded (and looked) delicious so bring on the comfort food anytime!

Yes, I also read Boud's post about her yoga exercises in front of the window. Thank goodness we live on the 5th floor because if I were to attempt what she described it would not be a pretty sight. Glad you thought ahead and didn't become timber!

Sandra said...

Thank you, Beatrice. Feeling sorry for yourself is sometimes necessary. As long as it doesn't carry on too long.

I tried it in a windowless room, thankfully!

Anonymous said...

My pity parties can be epic... I do try not to invite too many to them though... 😆... comfort food is good for the Spirit and you really want show out with yours so we should do pity parties 🎉 together so I get to eat your food 😜... Dawn the Bohemian

Sandra said...

I believe you, Dawn! I do a respectable job with the party myself. I would have enjoyed the street food you posted. It looked really good.