Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Cat, Dog, Choices

Just another evening at Casa Gatto.


From the first he moved into the house he has been tight with Keetah.
 

Doing what best friends do.


We have been sitting in front of the pellet stove for a couple of weeks. I mentioned awhile ago that I had stored two chairs in the basement which I thought could be used for this purpose. It does work, it fills the room a bit more than I'm used to, but it works. I had an old hassock in my office, so mama gets her feet up. We had a spell of heavy snow and then ice. Getting to the wood shed was hazardous for Mark, so no fires in the snug. Mark prefers sitting here in the evening. I prefer the snug, but also am perfectly happy here. Choices, choices.

I made a burst tomato sauce last evening. If you haven't done this, do. It's so easy and GOOD. It's supposed to be cherry or grape tomatoes left whole, put in a pan with butter and a little olive oil to keep the butter from burning. Let it cook until the tomatoes burst and form a sumptuous sauce. I use regular tomatoes because that's what I have. I quarter them, they are medium size, and use them that way. I love garlic so I had plenty of that in there, as well as a fennel frond cube. I usually use basil, but changed it up. You can use any seasoning you please. Salt, pepper and some cheese ravioli. It was heaven in a pasta bowl. Fast, inexpensive and delicious.

We had four more inches of snow yesterday and are supposed to get at least that today and tonight. March. I feel like I can make bread today. The bread lady seems to have been on vacation. I plan for pizza tonight, but it all depends how the day goes for me. After making a huge pot of soup yesterday I need not worry about lunch. Yay.

May you burst your tomatoes.

10 comments:

Boud said...

That sounds like my idea of a good pasta sauce. Noted

Far Side of Fifty said...

Bread sounds good...with butter and a nap:)

Sandra said...

Boud, ten minutes. It is so good.

Sandra said...

Far Side, maybe not a bad idea. :)

Lori Skoog said...

OK! I'm willing to give that burst tomato sauce a shot.

The Happy Whisk said...

I did something similar with homemade salsa and cherry tomatoes. Delightful.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks, Sandra, for the burst tomato sauce recipe and it will be on a future menu. Home made bread is so satisfying with hime made soup and more so with the type of weather you have now.

Sandra said...

Lori, it's good no matter what, but I like it best with ravioli. Great for one of those don't want to cook nights. The butter is important.

Sandra said...

That sounds good with the salsa added. Putting that in my memory bank.

Sandra said...

We all need those quick yet really good go-to for dinner, Beatrice. I have a lot of soup, we had a lot of snow overnight, so my lunch menu is ready!