Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Do I Need a Title?

The horses got outside after three days in the barn. They still rock-n-roll some after they've been in but it is not much of a show. They, like me, are older and perhaps it's that they are wiser. I don't know if I'm wiser but the yippee ki-yay has left the building where I am concerned. We are coming into warmer weather. Unfortunately that is bringing rain on Monday. Not good. The weather really does not care what I think, which is a real pity.

There is nothing happening around here, which in my prior life was a relief. There was always some drama of one kind or another, so I took the lulls into my open arms. Not to say I want drama. Nope. Nope. My brain is a bit foggy, which is where most of my activity is, generally speaking. When the mist closes in there, I'm a lump. This lump did make manicotti yesterday. I also made soup, as it was cold and windy and that is always a good reason for soup. I have finally converted Mark. Now it's "oh, soup!" instead of "soup". I proselytize food.


I don't have much energy but lately I have gained a little more interest in cooking. Mark is happy. I'm going to make a pizza tonight, I think. I have some asparagus I need to use soon, so that and prosciutto and whatever else will make a good pizza. I placed a Misfits order yesterday, Boud. They've increased the minimum dollar amount for orders and raised the shipping charge. It's the fennel that brings me back, so what's the likelihood that will be out of stock? I did buy two dozen eggs at under $3/dozen. 

Mark is busy, it is tax season, which crept up, it seems. He now has a small practice and is semi-retired. Clients over the past decade have died or sold their business. He still does tax returns for them, those that sold, not died, but not audits, which was the bulk of his business. He has a good mix of physical and mental work now. He needs both. Mark could never be the retired guy on the gulf course in Arizona over the winter. Which suits me.

The sun is shining, the horses are outside munching hay. The cats are sleeping on an unmade bed, the dog is in Mark's office with Mark. And, I'm nearly finished with my coffee and am considering an attempt at productivity. Wish me luck.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

An attempt at productivity... when you figure out how to do that let me know okay? At least you can make good food 😜.

Anonymous said...

Ooop Dawn the Bohemian

Sandra said...

I haven't figured it out yet, Dawn. If I ever do I will happily tell you!

Boud said...

I think rural customers are getting those Misfits changes. My minimum has been reduced, and if I spend $70 shipping is free. But the chances of my spending that much are slim. They've abolished the minimum for coolpack, which is great for me. However, eggs, when available, are a lot more than $3. It's s mystery. I just hope when I order this afternoon that they have apples.

Interesting that the horses are less energetic these days, like humans, after being indoors.

Sandra said...

Boud, I have a minimum of $50 with shipping charge at $9.99. They had apples when I ordered yesterday. Strange about the eggs.

Although they are still hot-bloods, they are elderly hoy-bloods. they put on a show but it's not a rodeo anymore. At least not often.

marlane said...

It is Ok not to be productive LOL
We managed to turn out our 4 horses in between rain storms this morning. First we, with other people had to mend the turn out fence which had been blown over by the wind. It is a trestle type fence that just rests on the ground. We were about to put two of our horses in the arena which had water on it and Cynthia who is the "barn manager" said no. I sad WTF we are all leaving ( the ranch is sold and new owner wants everyone out by May 1st) and she said she wanted to preserve it until we all left. Huh does she know something we don't !

Far Side of Fifty said...

We may get rain also...Monday and Wednesday...I hate ICE. Stay in and stay warm! My husband would die of boredom on a golf course:)

Val Ewing said...

Our critters all took snow baths and got rid of the mud they had from last week.
Looks like we'll have mud again so they will roll again.

Sunday night and Monday look like rain! We are supposed to get at least an inch of the stuff.

Well, that will make things interesting!

You made some awesome looking food, I'd call that productive!

Sandra said...

marlane, it is ok to be unproductive, but not all of the time! It is too bad what has happened at the boarding facility. You'll be able to see what become of the property.

Sandra said...

Far Side, ice and horses do not go well together. FG and Mark are in the same club. He has three different siblings and spouses heading off to AZ in the next week. Golf.

Sandra said...

March and April are typically miserable in MN, Val. Freeze thaw, repeat.

I try to make meals, sometimes I don't though.