Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Lotto Gatto

Gatto won the cat equivalent of the lottery.


Tuesday is snip snip, yay yay.


 I didn't want to lead with a photo of some sketchy looking stuff.


Chicken stock was made. It will chill in the refrigerator, solidifying the fat for easy removal


There will be soup in the next few days. I probably have enough for three different soups, two for sure. Potato will be one. It's a nice, sunny day. The weekend is supposed to be above normal, probably through Monday. I'm listening to a book I randomly picked and I like it. "When No One Is Watching" by Alyssa Cole. I am 62% through the book, so I guess it has grabbed my attention. I don't know why it took me so long to get a library card to use on ebooks and audiobooks. Now I'm not loading my phone up with books I'd buy. Better late than not at all.

I appreciate the interest in my periodic horse ramblings. I have been involved with horses for decades, so it's easy for memories to end up in the memory trash bin. Picking a horse or two brings those memories to the front and gives me pleasure. There is plenty of sad when so many years and so many horses are involved, but the good stuff is there, so much good stuff. I told someone once, when she said I had a lot of old horses, "When you have a lot of horses you end up with a lot of old horses." Truth. So, periodically I will go on about a horse. It is a break from cats. And food.

I will leave at that. Enjoy the day. Ciao


14 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Tis your blog and you can write about what ever strikes your fancy!!

marlane said...

Well blogging certainly is interesting. For me it uses up time well and gives me something to think about. I follow about eight every day. Then I post on my own two blogs. I did go through a lot of emotional stuff when I blogged in my picture pedigree blog about my life with horses. I had unexplained hives twice !!

Anonymous said...

It seems Gatto did indeed know where to find a lovely home with lovely, kind people. Your animals are generous and tolerant too.
Take Care,
Kaye

Val Ewing said...

I often go on and on about our old mules. I love hearing about your horses!

Gatto looks happy in your photos. Snip snip on Valentine's Day!

I made leftover soup again and it got gobbled up quickly. Hmmm.

Sandra said...

Far Side, yes.

Sandra said...

marlane, you were emotional. Mark suggested I restart the idle blog last year. I did, and found I liked it again.

Sandra said...

Kaye, it's almost as if Gatto knew what he was doing! I hope neutering stops his constant yowling.

Sandra said...

Val, appropriate that snip snip is on Valentines Day! If I had it to do again I would have a mule or two. They are fascinating creatures.

Pixie said...

I like the horse posts. I don't always comment though, sometimes I just don't have it in me, some days I just read.
Poor guy will be surprised to wake up without his balls. I wonder what cats think about that. Where did they go? And why does it hurt so much? Why do I feel so relaxed now? Who knows?

Sandra said...

I understand about the days you don't have it in you, I know those days, Pixie. I must say, I haven't given what they think about any thought. Now it's going to run through my head!

e said...

Gatto is very happy. Yay you!

Sandra said...

e, he is safe. Hopefully once he’s cut he will stop pacing and yowling. About 60% of his time is spent on that.

Bohemian said...

By now Gatto will be a Eunuch. We really need to get ole' Eli in for the Snip Snip but it's so far away and you have to arrive so damned early, plus, starving him with a Fast for the Morning of would make him pissy as hell.

Sandra said...

Dawn, Mark has taken Gatto in to get undone! It's an hour away for us, but the cost saving is worth the drive. I've never had an intact male animal, other than puppies, in the house. For a reason. He yowls a lot and he sprays. Hoping he stops both. It is pleasantly quiet in the house. : )