Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

The Cycle


Bon Voyage 


Murphy was one of many cats who made their way to my farm. He showed up friendly and inquisitive the winter of 2012. I had an old cat, Margaret, in the house (another stray) who couldn't stand cats. She loved dogs, despised cats. So no coming inside for Murphy. I had him neutered and gave him to my mother. My son took him home after Kate died. He had the best life a cat could want with them, they are both cat people. He started having difficulty breathing over the weekend. They took him to an emergency clinic where it was discovered he had a large tumor in a lung. They were advised to put him down, which they did.

He was a mellow fellow. He will be deeply missed by his people and his cat friend, Twinks.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for the loss of a sweet friend. It is never easy.
Take Care,
Kaye

Anvilcloud said...

Oh, you’re an ailurophile. I consider that a good thing. 😀
So nice that you made sure that he had a good life.
Our present cat needs to be an ONLY. I see other sad cases, but there’s nothing that I can do.
Thanks for the visit.

Boud said...

So sorry about the goodbye. But thank you for the obituary.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Kaye. He was sweet.

Sandra said...

Anvilcloud, I had to look that word up. I have always been the crazy dog lady but also like cats. I live on a farm and have had so many strays come through here. Those I can get my hands on get spay/neutered. It's a drop in the bucket, but it's something. I understand the ONLY, Margaret wouldn't tolerate other cats. I've seen you on blogs for so long I thought I should visit.

Sandra said...

Boud, it was unexpected. He was only about 12 and so happy. There other cat is nervous and Murphy was his anchor.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sorry to read about Murphy's passing. From your post he looked to have been quite a handsome feline.

Sandra said...

He was, Beatrice. He was large and a really soft orange. And gentle.

Lori Skoog said...

What a gorgeous boy. Sounds like he worked out well with your son and I'm sure he will be missed.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is so sad when good cats come to the end of their lives. :(

Sandra said...

Lori, he was the calmest cat. He eloped their cat calm down.

Sandra said...

Far Side, it came out of nowhere. :(

Pixie said...

Poor guy. I'm glad he had a good life and didn't suffer, which is what I would like said at my funeral:)

Sandra said...

Yes, he had a great life with the son.

My mother died sitting in her rocking chair. She just died, she looked like she was sleeping.

julochka said...

I'm a little late, but it doesn't make me less sad. I know Murphy will be missed, but also that he had the best life he could hope for. Goodbye, good boy. <3

Sandra said...

He was a best boy, julochka. I became so sad.