Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Yo-Yo Weather

That's a lot of snow.

Tomorrow it's going to rain. Yippee.


Ah, March. Right around the corner, laughing at us. Rain, sleet, snow, ice. Repeat. Over and over and over. This is when I start to complain about the weather. As if it matters, but somehow it is ingrained in humans to do just that. This is my turn. Bah, humbug.

Got that out of my system. So, last night I over-cooked the pizza. We had crispy-crunchy (cracker?) pizza. Let's just say it was edible and leave it at that. To add insult to injury, it will be lunch. 

I was not productive yesterday, unless I can count starting my fifty-first book over seven months. I'm not into it yet, but I kind of thought I may not be. It's Run, Rose, Run by James Patterson in collaboration with Dolly Parton. I admire her and decided to give it a try. It's an audiobook and she is one of the readers, allowing me to listen to her unique speaking voice and that wonderful laugh. I will continue, I rarely give up on a book. I have several books on hold that are months out, so I fill in the empty spaces, often with good luck.

Mark had to go out so he is bringing home deli chicken for dinner. Yay, no chance for me to screw that up! Happy Sunday, friends.

12 comments:

Boud said...

I love Dolly! And the marvelous work she does around literacy. She's a treasure.

Sounds as if the deli chicken is a safety bet.

marlane said...

Have you read any of fay weldon I am reading her bio a tthe moment and am thinking of trying her fiction ?

Boud said...

I stepped back in to say I hugely recommend Fay Weldon, sheer joy and intelligence and sly humor.

marlane said...

Thanks Boud I will definately give her fiction works a try! Her biography is very enjoyable.

Lori Skoog said...

You have had a REAL winter....so much snow! So far we have not had 30 inches total, and after tomorrow we should have grass showing again. We should be above freezing for the next week. Wish I could get back into a serious reading mode. I have two kindles and they are loaded with books I have not listened to.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I saw that book in Wally World...I hope you like it. I dislike the rain, snow, freeze repeat too...it is discouraging...but you will see grass before me:)

Pixie said...

Let me know if you like the book. It will also be the season of mud soon. How I've missed the mud (definitely not).

Sandra said...

Boud, she is a national treasure. The chicken made for an easy and she dinner!

Sandra said...

marlane, I have not heard of Faye Wheldon. With both you and Boud recommending here I will read her books.

Sandra said...

Lori, I don't know when you would find time to read, you have a very active social life. I have so much time because I do not! It's terribly icy right now, no way the horses can go out.

Sandra said...

Far Side, I think it's a safe bet I will see grass first! I'm about halfway through the book. It's kind of slow.

Sandra said...

Pixie, I will. It's been sort of slow but not enough I can't continue.