Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, April 17, 2022

And How We Do It

Lots of families gathered today and sat at tables laden with Easter bounty.


We had risotto. No complaints from either of us. Tomorrow is the last day to file income taxes and the old guy is tired and stressed. We had dinner at 9:30 so he could work late. I rescheduled an appointment I had for blood draw tomorrow because he has to drive me and he's too busy. I have trouble walking and need to be dropped off at the door, otherwise I could take myself. The lab must be short staffed, I couldn't get a new appointment until the middle of next month. There's nothing to be done about it, Mark didn't need the added stress.

It was cold and snowed this afternoon. It's going to be well below average most of this week and then we are going to warm up. Spring hasn't shown itself here yet.

Two posts in one day. Eating late and not wanting to watch TV, I sat at my desk and ended up here. I guess I gave myself a bonus round.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hate all the stirring with risotto, we made it over the winter, I think I stood and stirred twenty minutes! Lots more snow coming this week from the sounds of it.

Sandra said...

We are expecting rain all day tomorrow. You will probably get snow. The good thing is it doesn't last long. I like risotto enough to stand and stir!

julochka said...

That looks delicious. I'm not envious of your bad weather. We had the most glorious weekend - sunshine, just a light breeze and the mid 60s, which seemed downright hot for us. :-) It was precisely what I needed, until I saw this shrimp risotto and realized that would have been pretty great too!

Sandra said...

Well, I am envious of your weather! I'm so happy you had your spirit rejuvenated. The risotto was really good, I'd made stock from shrimp shells and it turned out well.