Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, April 23, 2022

And So On

I finished watching "Anatomy of a Scandal" this morning. I liked it, it did all the things that keep me interested. I am someone who loses interest easily and this one kept me going. It had a very satisfying conclusion, for me.

I won't say anything about the premise so as to not ruin it, but it definitely shows privilege, who has it and how it's used.

We had a strong storm blow through about an hour ago. The day is expected to be dry, as in no rain, not the ground, until late afternoon, when it starts all over again. Mark hopes to get the grape vines off the arena fence over the weekend, I'm not so sure he will. 

Spring will come, it may be June, but it will come.

I have two beef briskets, one thawed for tonight's dinner. I looked online at the price of a brisket and was shocked. It's always been a costly cut, god knows why. It's very good if done right but I don't know how often it is done right. Perhaps only people who know what to do with it continue buying them? I get my meat through Butcher Box, so I don't know the individual price of each cut I order. It was $249/box but went to $259 this year. I have been buying from them for years, perhaps since they began. That is why I was so surprised by the price of a brisket. I also buy produce from Misfits Market. Not all of it, but when they have things I want it's at a very good price. They are not a subscription service so you can purchase or not.

The excitement in my life today will be re-scraping the veranda floor. I started that process two years ago this month, then Kate, my mother, died and eight months of my life were spent clearing out her house. Last year I think the weight of life crashed in on me, leaving me unable to do much of anything. I know longterm childhood abuse causes health and emotional issues in adulthood. If you don't walk away, as my brother did, from the abuser it never stops. So, I can scrape paint and hope to finish what I started. 

I'm done with my last cup of coffee, have my thoughts on virtual paper and think it's time to pick myself up and start the day.

Ciao Blog World

1 comment:

Bohemian said...

Privilege is used in so many ways that many people can't or won't even acknowledge they enjoy the privilege of having and that many lack.