Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, April 25, 2022

Apruary

....As in January in April. I wasn't the clever one to come up with this, that pat-on-the-back belongs to a local news guy. It was 30 degrees this morning, we will reach the balmy heights of 36 degrees today. Alleluia, pass the parkas!

Mark got the vines off the arena fence yesterday. The entire south end collapsed when he took the vines off. The posts had rotted and the only thing holding them up were the vines. It looked like dominoes, coming down one after the other. This confirmed it truly is time to say goodbye to the outdoor arena. 

I bought purple sweet potatoes from Misfits last week. I had no idea they existed. I made fries for lunch in the air fryer and they were good. These are drier and slightly sweeter than the sweet potatoes I would call normal. I guess I'm not too old to learn something new. I got an order today and I have to say I get the best fennel I've ever bought from them. I love fennel. Can I say something about the air fryer? In 2020 I was about two thirds of the way through getting Kate's house ready to sell. I went there, toward the end, 6 days a week. It was a two hour forty minute round trip drive. I was in my kitchen, feeling worn out and had the tv on, Emeril Lagasse came on hawking his product. I picked up my phone, ordered it. Without any thought. Exhaustion impulse buying. I used to be impulsive but got over it years ago. Not this time. It is one of the most used items in my kitchen! Sometimes just doing it works. Well, at least this time it did.

Tonight I will makes linguine with fennel, asparagus, lots of garlic and shrimp for dinner. I have had two days of braising, a brisket and a shoulder roast. Time for something other than beef. I'll get into my freezer hoarding another time. It's real.


1 comment:

Bohemian said...

I've never had those Purple Sweet Potatoes but I've had the Asian Sweet Potatoes at the Thai Restaurant that they fry and batter and are sublime. Can you only tell I'm finally catching up on my Blog Reads? *winks*