Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

After the stress of the past week, yesterday was a day for Mark to decompress. We had a quick dinner of asparagus, garlic and goat cheese with a little red pepper flakes over linguine. And we ate before 9:30!


Today we got our second booster shot. The young man administering it said a lot of people have been coming in. This was at Walgreens. I feel hopeful that this will be a further shield against the virus that will allow me to feel more comfortable seeking medical care. We are still wearing the N95s.

It is yet again a rainy day. We have made up for any moisture deficit we came into winter with. Saturday is supposed to be nice, I hope to get out and do something. I'm very limited but I need to do something. I've got Mother Hen Mark hovering over me, I tell him I can judge my own tolerance, he doesn't need to tell me what I shouldn't do, but he does. I don't listen, but sometimes he is right.

The Mother Hen needs to go into town and will pick up fried chicken for dinner, no cooking for me tonight! Sometimes I need a break and today is one of those times. I feel totally unmotivated, the dreariness sure doesn't help. I'm going to start a fire and finish a Netflix series;  Anatomy of a Scandal. I'll find out who is lying.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good for you getting your booster shot! We will get ours soon:)

Sandra said...

We got motivated when Mark's brother asked him to go out to dinner next week.


julochka said...

I almost went to get sushi tonight. By Thursday, I'm generally not really that motivated to cook, but then the 15 min I had to drive for sushi seemed like too much after the hour+ drive home from work. I drove the long way to go to a car wash. Silly, I realize, but I have a subscription to it. Or a membership or whatever it's called. And anyway, it meant I didn't feel like driving more, so I bought sausages and a pointed cabbage and some ready-made potato salad and made that instead. It was actually pretty good and very easy.

I hope your weather does indeed improve and you can get outside. Good weather, sunshine and some time in the garden has definitely improved my mood.

Sandra said...

That is a long drive for a car wash! Your dinner sounds quite good, sushi will wait for another day.

We have a decent day today, 47 and sunny. Rain tomorrow and possibly Saturday. Someday it will be nice outside, for a minute!