Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, April 30, 2022

We had a Minnesota hurricane in the early morning hours. I can't recall anything like it, the wind was howling and pounding, the rain didn't know where to go. It was awesome and frightening at the same time. It rained all day today, anticlimactic after the show put on a few hours early.


We had a fine dinner of steelhead trout and Minnesota wild rice. Steelhead and walleye are my favorite fish. One is more affordable than the other.

It's relatively early but I feel exhausted. I think I will call it a night.

2 comments:

Boud said...

Is that storm unusual for the time of year? It sounds exciting and harrowing.
I enjoy seeing your food. That dinner looks very satisfying. I always think of Minnesota when I think of wild rice.

Sandra said...

You think of MN and wild rice because before the early 2000s that is the only place it grew. The White Earth, Red Lake and Mille Lacs tribes harvested and marketed it until then, There were treaty rights, but not surprising they didn't hold up over the years. I only buy Minnesota wild rice. We don't typically have sustained winds like we had that night. It blew my mind. Thanks, I cook the trout in foil with butter, garlic and lemon juice. So good!