Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Yesterday I ordered this refrigerator.

 

I got over my stubborn ways after a wise person (thank you, Lori) pointed out prices aren't likely to come down. My cynical self knew this somewhere inside, but was trying to avoid facing that sad fact.

I spent at least half of a day searching the internet for what I would like combined with what I am willing to pay. This was finally my pick. I had a bottom freezer in the mid 1980s and loved it. I am also partial to clean lines. I know I shouldn't let that influence me in a needed, utilitarian purchase, in which I have a limited amount I will spend, but I did. With that in mind, I am getting a smaller cubic foot appliance. I wanted counter depth which cut space and it is 5" less in width. I will adjust, it's only two people living here after all.

Delivery is scheduled for Friday. Hopefully there won't be any snags. Now I've made the decision I want it yesterday!

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Mine was 22 plus years old when I replaced it. I will say one thing the newer one is more energy efficient as we noticed our electric bill went down. I got stainless steel also...cant say I like the finish very much...I clean it with a damp cloth and buff out the fingerprints. Water only.

Sandra said...

Lower energy cost will be appreciated. The current refrigerator has brushed stainless so it was easy ro care for. This one is called fingerprint resistant!