Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, May 9, 2022

Deficit of Sparkle

A poor photo, but oh well. I changed my mind and made a tri tip roast instead of cod for dinner last evening. The roasted fennel and cheese would have benefitted from some feta. It's not always a win.


It rained hard all morning. Now it's just cloudy and windy. I'm in a blah mood, weather and isolation combined over so long a time add up to ennui for sure. It's Monday, so it's laundry day. The big excitement of my life!

I did talk to my son yesterday, that was nice. He's busy with work and his life. He wondered if Mark had a time set to retire. He didn't realize Mark is semi-retired. He will work as long as he still has clients, he enjoys the contact and it keeps his mind sharp. It also helps pay to feed 15 horses.

That's about it from here. I think something needs folding.

2 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

You are such. great cook! Feeding 15 horses takes a hunk of change....thank you Mark!!!!!

Sandra said...

Actually, I've turned into a lazy cook. Nothing I make takes much effort, But, thank you! Yes, income helps to feed the beasties.