Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, May 12, 2022

A Humdinger

First I want to say that I found yesterday that comments from several people were going to spam. I'll make it a point to check that folder everyday.


We had  a BIG Storm yesterday evening. There were tornado warnings but we didn't have one come through. At first I thought the roaring sound was wind, which was intense, ranging from 50 - 80 miles per hour. The wind suddenly stopped but the roaring didn't, it was up in the atmosphere. This storm was intense. We had almost 2" of rain and some small hail. On my way to have blood drawn this morning we saw trees uprooted and a couple of trees sheared off. We were lucky.This photo was taken through the window so there is reflection but you can see the rain. More strong storms with damaging wind and hail forecast for tonight. It's been a wild couple of months. 


4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I had a few in my spam folder but from about a year ago. I forget to check it also. Yes we had windy rainy weather last night nothing severe here. Lots of water in the fields. They say another round coming tonight ...boy oh boy the skeeters will be bad in about three weeks:(

Sandra said...

Oh, no. I hadn't given them a thought! So much for enjoying the out of doors. It's been some wild weather.

Boud said...

We've had storms stuck overhead for four days. Today it moved away, and, too early for mosquitoes, but warm enough to sit outside, it was wonderful! I fell asleep, officially reading.

Sandra said...

As long as you were officially reading!