Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

And So On.......

Just stuff.
 This is my barn, the photo was taken a few years ago. Dairy barn becomes horse barn.
 

Baby Zing (WF Last of Roses), my orphan foal, born June 2, 2001. I think back to the seeming insurmountable task of keeping him alive and then getting him to understand he is a horse. He turned into more than I could ever have imagined or hoped for.


Zing and Kristina, his last trainer,  2012.


I had an eggplant to use.

We had a tornado alert last night, crazy wind and then rain. No tornado, but the weather was intense. I see this becoming our new normal. A small town in southern Minnesota got wiped out, a town I hadn't heard of. Tornados in May...not the old normal. We are adjusting what's normal.

It's a dreary, windy day. The horses love it, the no-see-ems have  hatched and are bothersome to them. Next will come gnats. Windy days are welcome in their world. It's also cool, another welcome as far as they are concerned. They may be desert horses, but they are from Minnesota. 




4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

What a spectacular barn!!!! Zing is such a stunner! Is he still with you? I would be very happy having dinner at your home every night!!! Thank you for sharing these photos. Would love to see more!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is one handsome horse! We escaped the storms, they were not bad, a few branches down, cold today:)

Sandra said...

Lori, the barn isn't as old as yours, it was built during the depression. This was a dairy farm. Zing is still with me. He is 21 on Thursday and still thinks he's 2! Tonight we had frozen pizza, so sometimes it is what it is.

Sandra said...

Far Side, Zinger was a successful Arabian halter horse. I had tired of showing by the time he got going under saddle so he didn't go in the ring but he had years of dressage training before my brain injury kind of stopped everything. He is a funny, gentle fellow, still a stallion. We didn't have any damage and a high of 64. Very dreary.