Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Fronds, Rain and Refrigeration

Last evening was our first homemade meal in days. The refrigerator saga came to an end on Friday.


I made pesto with fennel fronds, pan fried chicken and sautéed asparagus in the pan with the chicken. Easy-peasy.

It rained overnight and into morning. It's now just another dreary day in the Northland. I tried to weed a garden yesterday but couldn't. We have, perhaps, the worst soil; black clay. This stuff will suck you in and knock you down when wet. Then dry to concrete. It's nearly impenetrable when it is dry. I'll try again tomorrow. 

The refrigerator melodrama finally came to its' desired end late Friday morning. Two very friendly men took old faithful away and brought in, hopefully, new faithful. It has less cubic feet, fits into the space better and will force me into being more efficient with food. Overall, I am currently happy with it, once I figured out where everything works best inside. As I said, I can cook again. I have cod for dinner and will bake those fennel I got the fronds from with cheese. Mark acted like dinner last evening was the best he'd ever had, a few days of fast food was enough for him!

Time to mix bread dough and pretend to be productive.

Ciao Amiche 

6 comments:

Boud said...

That's certainly a great meal to get back into cooking with. Very springlike.

Sandra said...

It was. My husband is VERY food motivated. You would have thought it was his first or his last meal! Two of my favorites, fennel and asparagus.

Lori Skoog said...

I would love to have eaten this dinner! So glad your new frig is in place and you can get back to cooking. It looks like you have grown a lot of veggies in your garden in the past. Will you being doing that this year?

Sandra said...

No, I'm not physically able to maintain a vegetable garden anymore. I haven't for 6 years. Whatever I grow now is in four large horse troughs and pots. I'm glad I have the refrigerator, that was an ordeal!

Far Side of Fifty said...

So glad that you have a working fridge! :)

Sandra said...

Thank you, so am I!