Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, May 20, 2022

Yesterday Mark got the composted manure on this flower bed and an area of foundation planting in the front of the house. I got a little more weeding done, as well. We had a light rain overnight, today is breezy, overcast and chilly. 


Morning glories reseed themselves every year and climb twine I tie to the electrical box. It's where the power line comes in, the box is front and center. Nothing I can do about that.


Dinner last evening was linguine with a sauce made from tomatoes I roasted and froze last year.


I got results from blood work I had done last week. I'm told I'm remarkably healthy according to my blood work. I said "tell that to my body". She said the body doesn't lie and no one would know my age based on my blood panels. I got the same response after x-rays and an MRI, no arthritis in my hips and very little deterioration of the lower lumbar. Yet, I can't walk any distance nor can I stand very long. Mark tells me it's Kate (my mother) sticking pins in me. He may be right....

6 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Your gardens are coming together! Our morning glories are coming up too. Love the windows in the second photo...that must be a gorgeous room. As for your dinner....right up my alley. Goo news about your blood work....I think you are going to get stronger and stronger with this spring gardening.

Sandra said...

We had to replace those windows 5 years ago, all 16 of them! It's a challenge but we are getting there. I've had a day of medical phone calls, waiting on another, so I haven't got a thing done today. Morning glories can take over just like phlox!

Boud said...

I love morning glories, just started seeds. I haven't had them for years.

Sandra said...

I put seeds in that space 6 years ago, I've never had to replant, they seed themselves in every year. I know you will enjoy them.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Iris and Peony that will be a real pretty garden soon:)

Sandra said...

Far Side, it will.