Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Stuff With a Helping of WTF

Clearing out the Refrigerator Soup.


Yesterday's Misfit Market fennel. Nothing amiss with this.


I had a massage today. She kept it gentle, she didn't want me becoming ill. She also practices Reiki, something I'm aware of but knew little about. I told her to go ahead. It seems a little woo woo. but, damn, if I didn't feel it. I'm not cured by any means, but everything feels a little lighter.

I have to say something about that cabal, the Supreme Court. It's Roe v Wade today, and everything else next. They aren't stopping at that, we all know it. We have to become engaged. I have no desire, as a woman, to go back to the days I knew as a child and then as a young woman. I am not chattel. Marriage equality is on the agenda, you know it. Being gay is also on their list. Birth control? I separated from my first husband in the 70s, I got a real good insight into what happens when you married. First thing, the department store credit card I'd had for a couple of years went into his name. I had to buy a car, I couldn't without my estranged husband's signature, he had the rights, not me. My auto insurance, which I came into the marriage with, dropped me. Women who are separated were considered too emotional and therefore a risk. It didn't matter that I left him and he was an addict. I had to go on risk insurance. Not him. Look out younger women.

I'm not surprised by this. That doesn't mean I'm not reeling. Anticipating is one thing. Realization is another. I truly fear for us.

6 comments:

Bohemian said...

The clearing out fridge Soup looks tasty! And yes, I truly fear for us also and don't want our Nation going backwards to archaic oppressive tactics to keep Women, Minorities, Immigrants, LGBTQ and the less fortunate in their 'place'. If we cease going forward with positive progress, the erosion will continue and the Lunatic Fringe and other Extremists will prevail. The Fanatical Extremist Religions always want to insert their Beliefs into our Politics and they should always be kept separate. I don't mind anyone practicing their brand of Religion, but don't shove it down the throats of the rest of us nor take away our Rights and Freedoms hard earned... if I don't share your Beliefs, it should not negatively impact my Life. I recall those times you speak of, they were not pleasant and were exceedingly biased in all the worst ways... there's nothing Nostalgic about any of it.

Sandra said...

I have been unable to comment on your blog. I know mine was also having problems, hence the pop up comments. We are in serious trouble, I hope more people now realize it's real. I have no doubt the court will follow trough with this and then probably make it federal. Then they are coming for LGBTQ. And so on.....

Bohemian said...

I know people are telling me they're having trouble with Blogger and unable to leave comments on my Blog easily, if at all. I'm having some temperamental issues with Blogger but not with all Blogs, hope it sorts out. Yes, I think our Nation is in trouble when the corruption goes that high to where Supreme Court Justices are lying under Oath and sabotaging Laws in order to pander to Extremists and Religious Fanatics who want to impose their Will upon the majority. We are leaning heavily towards Fascism and I think these groups have been trying to undermine Democracy for longer than we could imagine.

Sandra said...

Agreed.

Sandra said...

I'm still unable to post on your blog, Dawn. I am a person who acts like she's never seen a dog before! I don't allow my dogs to be invasive.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have to wonder what is wrong with everyone and what will happen next!
I have a cousin who does Reiki...I agree a bit woo woo for me:(