Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Stormy Weather, Bill and Out of Warranty

Dinner last night was good. Asparagus, fennel, a little goat cheese and fennel pesto.


Last week we had early March weather. This week we have July temperatures. I was able to mow the lawn for a couple of hours this morning, before a thunderstorm rolled in. I got a little over a third done. It's supposed to storm all evening and night so no mowing tomorrow. It just started to hail, poor horses. We didn't have any warning this was coming our way.

I think Covid has changed a lot of us. My neighbor, he who adopted us years ago because he felt we needed looking after, came over yesterday. He spent about an hour talking about the state of our country, the state of his family and whether the fields were dry enough for planting. Somehow the life seems to have been sapped out of him. I would guess he'd say the same about me. So much isolation is difficult. I'm a loner by my nature, but this much was too much even for me. I really hope the spark reappears in Bill and in me. Bill has made living in the closed society we found here better.

This round of storming just passed. The horses didn't have to endure much hail. I would have liked to finish mowing, but that's how it goes. 

I have an early morning appointment for a blood draw tomorrow and I think that will be it for the day. It's going to reach 90 degrees tomorrow, which is too much for me. I have heat intolerance, it started about six years ago. I originally thought it was medication I was taking, but I don't take any meds, not for five years, and I still have it. I think I needed an extended warranty.

So much for rambling thought.

5 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

80 here today...just gorgeous. I too am a loner much of the time, but the isolation during Covid absolutely had a major effect on me. Hopefully the arrival of spring and sunshine will continue to make me feel better....mentally and physically. Please don't send me your hail!

Boud said...

I think Covid has had a big impact on people's temperaments. A lot of people are much more irritable than before. Driving is worse, too. I love my own company but it's better when it's my choice rather than a community emergency.

Sandra said...

I sure hope we aren't sending you our weather, Lori, it's been crazy! I think some nice weather will make us feel better.

Sandra said...

I know what you mean, Boud. People are really aggressive on the road. A friend told me she thinks we've forgotten how to interact. I believe she is correct about that.

julochka said...

I think covid has changed us in ways we can't even yet articulate or even see. I had a conversation with a friend yesterday who thinks that her team at work is actually better at working together than they were before covid. I realize I think the same and it's part of why I went back to my old job (that I started two days before covid shut everything down) - I had so bonded with my colleagues that it was too hard not to have that bond/closeness. I hadn't thought about it in that way, and it made me happy to think that what covid brought us maybe wasn't all bad.