Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, May 23, 2022

Next Time I'll Bring the Wine

It was chilly and overcast yesterday, perfect for soup. But then, isn't everyday?
 

I thought I'd try a video, the soup always steams so much photos often seem blurred.


I have been finding it rather strange being here. I'm new, even though I'm not. I had a decade-long absence, I had a traumatic brain injury, I got older. I'm not the person I was when I started, which isn't unusual, but I didn't become this person along the way with those of you I followed from the start. I don't know your story for the past decade. I show up, life has moved on and I feel... odd. My life has been the square peg fitting into the round hole, but this is a different odd. Perhaps I'm drawn back in time, before smartphones, when I used my Mac exclusively, before I got dragged into Facebook because nearly everyone I knew here migrated there. Maybe because I dumped Facebook three years ago and spend very little time with Instagram, this has sort of become a return to the 2000s, leaving me feeling a little disoriented. Different from how I would feel if I had stayed all along? Anyway, I feel a bit like a stranger in a strange land, just showing up and I forgot to bring the wine.

So, I post food photos. I think I was more interesting once, but that could be memory making me more than I was. 

6 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

I, for one, am very happy that you and I found each others blogs again. Totally enjoy communicating with you. Love your writing, your cooking, your photographs and learning more.

Boud said...

You and I are new to each other, though I started blogging long ago. Now though, the readers are different, many of the originals having left us, and it's an interesting journey to keep meeting new people. I know you're about much more than food, nice though that is, and I hope you'll unfold more of your current world as we get acquainted.

Sandra said...

Awww, thanks Lori. The fact that you are still here to connect with again is wonderful. I think I just feel a little disoriented, like I stepped back in time somehow!

Sandra said...

Boud, I didn't think about how many people you have seen come and go over time. This isn't static. I guess in my mind I think of it not changing.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is your blog, you can write whatever you want. You should feel comfortable here, we are just friends visiting:) Life is always changing.

Sandra said...

I'm in a state go flux, which leaves me feeling slightly lost. Much of what I feel here is nostalgia. Nostalgia is fine as long as one doesn't live there!