Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, May 1, 2022

And....more

Asparagus and fennel soup for lunch on this dark and dreary day. 



I will be using eggplant, more fennel, spring onion and whatever else may strike me in a sauté this evening for dinner. I have a Misfits order coming tomorrow, ordered before the refrigerator problem so I want to get as many vegetable out of the refrigerator as I can before the new one arrives. The refrigerator section isn't cooling well as of today. I believe it's done after twenty years of running well.

If you haven't paired asparagus with fennel, it's quite good. I expanded on the flavor of fennel by adding tarragon toward the end.

Last post of the day. I promise.

9 comments:

Boud said...

I use Misfits, too. It saves me a lot of mileage. And yes, sometimes there's a bit of pressure to make room for the incoming box. Your soup looks excellent.

Sandra said...

Sometimes they don't have anything I want, but the beauty is it isn't a subscription. I always buy eggplant and fennel when they have it, it's more reasonable priced and I appreciate saving the money. I have a fridge going out on me so I'm needing to use as much as I can quickly.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Soup for lunch is perfect.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I read your blog posts while I was away. I could not comment at all from my I pad. It kept asking me for my Google ID an asking and asking...it was like it was in a big unending circle with nothing happening. So I figured the same thing is happening on my blog and that is why you cannot leave a comment. Try again as I have changed a setting for comments and chose pop up instead of embed. See if that works for you. Blogger is so frustrating sometimes. I like the embed comments since I can reply to them right under the question, you cannot do that with the pop up
comment form.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am at home now and can comment from my desk top computer.:)

Sandra said...

Now I can't comment on my Mac, but I can on the Acer laptop. I'll try the pop up.That is exactly what has been happening when I've tried to reply.

Bohemian said...

Asparagus paired with Fennel sounds delish, don't know I've ever done it.

Sandra said...

It's so good. Give it a try, Dawn. Even sautéed together, wonderful!

Sandra said...

Hi, David. Thanks for the comment. Replies were going to spam, so I just now saw yours. Soup is always good!