Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Try to Find the Good

I was outside for part of the afternoon yesterday supervising Mark. I had lots of plans in my mind. My back cancelled them. I did take some photos, it's more difficult in sunshine to see what you are doing with a phone camera.

I planted these trees in 2008 along the indoor area, now hay and machine shed. They were small.



Keetah's out of here


We have compost that has turned to soil. Mark is adding fresh soil to the old water tanks I plant zucchini in. 

This was the outdoor arena. It hasn't been a riding arena since 2012, I used it as a large vegetable garden for four years, ending in 2017. The fence line became overgrown with wild grapevine, Mark pulled it off last month. So many of the posts had rotted and just toppled over without the support of the vines.  

Mark is too busy to get the fencing taken down right now. Realistically, it could be July before it's gone. 




These junipers grew so large. They and some of the other conifers are showing stress from the drought we had last year.




Madame Apple Tree. She is old and heirloom, she produces when she wants to. When she does the apples are small and sweet. Bill says he can't remember the tree not being there and Bill is 72. We need to cut the suckers out, they aren't helping the old tree.


So much horridness is happening in this world and this country I thought I'd take a little photo stroll through the good, the bad and the ugly at my home. 
 


5 comments:

Bohemian said...

There is a lot of the good around your property, Nature is so centering, and that Old Apple Tree, Magnificent!

Sandra said...

Dawn, it's a lot of work! That tree is wonderful, too bad they bloom for such a short time.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is one beauty of an Apple Tree!

Sandra said...

Thank you, Far Side, I think so, too! Excellent apples.

julochka said...

I have suckers to remove from an old apple tree as well. And also, I didn't know that's what they were called. My mirabella plum tree has some too and so does the witch hazel.