Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Peopling

I'm having company tomorrow over the lunch hour. It's been a long time since we've had anyone to our house and actually inside. We see a couple of neighbors now and then and Mark's cousin dropped off tax documents a few days ago, not the same as someone sitting down to your table. This is coming inside and having lunch! My son is bringing his tax information to his dad and will stay for lunch. We don't see him often and I'm not sure I remember how to behave around people anymore. I've always been a loner, but the last couple of years I've been downright reclusive. Son and his wife spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with her family and planned to come here on New Years Day. They both got Covid after the Christmas gathering so we didn't see them. This is a big event in an increasingly small world for me! It will be good for me to have some social interaction, I have become too much like the basset, when there are no demands on you, you don't make many demands on yourself. Of course anyone who knows them knows you'd better not demand anything of them! AAAROOO



I need to move some German Shepherd hair, make lunch and consider tomorrow's lunch. It will be soup because it's easy and he likes soup. Let us hope I haven't completely forgotten how to people.

Ciao

6 comments:

julochka said...

don’t worry, we’ve all forgotten how to people. You’ll be fine. I’m sure your soup will be amazing.

Sandra said...

It's not easy cooking for a chef. It feels strange to have someone coming here. I'm slightly anxious.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope it goes well for you! Soup sounds good!

Bohemian said...

I hope the Luncheon with The Son goes well and you haven't forgotten how to People. I used to Host and have Company, now, hardly ever, but we have a houseful of Family so does that count as actual Socializing when you're Multigenerational Living? I hope so, since most of the time I'd rather they go do something too, so I can have some Solitude. I could be becoming an Anti-Social, a Plague kind of accelerated that, Six Feet away is some distance.

Sandra said...

No soup, the stock was still frozen and I wasn't feeling it anyway. I made hot ham and Havarti on Kaiser buns with a green salad. It went ok.

Sandra said...

Multi-generational living has its pluses but the drawbacks are real. I have a friend who is sure the isolation has brought out a lot of anti-social behavior. I think you are right about it's being accelerated. It was certainly showing up before the plague.