Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Golden Deliciousness

A loaf of Einkorn bread.


The flour makes a golden yellow bread that is so pretty! And really good. I first started using it when I thought I was probably gluten intolerant. For many people sensitive to gluten the ancient grains don't cause a problem. It turns out I was in fact not gluten intolerant. The beneficial flora in my gut was nonexistent. Years of antibiotics and decades of well water in a farming community had caused damage. The first step was a reverse osmosis water filtering system. The osteopathic doctor I was seeing also put me on enzymes to encourage bacterial growth. Also, fermented foods. I did get better. Dr. Wand retired a year after I started seeing him. I don't think I was the cause of his retirement.

I've started reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I know there was a movie made. I have not seen it. I'm only a couple of chapters in but so far, so good. I scroll through what's available until I find something I may like when I'm waiting for a hold to come available.

I'm fully caffeinated and ready (ha!) to get to it. Ciao




10 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

You're funny when you write that you didn't think you were the cause of his retirement!

Anonymous said...

I think you were wise choosing a Jim Bob hair cut as opposed to a Ben Walton hair cut.
"Gone Girl" was a very scary read, good but scary.

Take Care,
Kaye

e said...

Your bread is beautiful! Have a great day and I'll think of some titles for you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The bread looks great!

Sandra said...

Ivy. 😄

Sandra said...

Kate, you are right! John Walton wouldn’t work. Now I’m intrigued. I like scary.

Sandra said...

Thanks, e. I have a cat on my lap, so it’s a good day.

Sandra said...

Far Side, it is good. Thanks!

Lori Skoog said...

I wish I liked to make bread! About 5 years ago we got a reverse osmosis system for our drinking water after over 25 years with a well that had undrinkable water. We used to go to the Highway Garage and get about 8 gallons at a time. Last year we got public water but did not remove the system as it makes our water taste delicious!

Sandra said...

Lori, I never gave a thought to our water being contaminated with farm chemicals. Now I wonder why I did not, I see what farmers do. It does make a difference in the water.