Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, January 16, 2023

Raining


It seems Gatto has a twin. Yesterday afternoon I saw a cat looking in the French doors and got confused. How did he get outside? Then I see Gatto laying in the chair he has claimed as his own. I looked from him to this other cat, mirror images. The cat jumped off the veranda and left. I felt a pang as he did. These two DO NOT want another one disturbing their ordered lives


Reading this latest book has given me some guidelines for my appointment with a neurologist. I will stick to a couple of issues. The author points out, and I have certainly been experiencing, if you give too much information they tune out. I will stick with my tremors, lack of balance and leg pain. Of course, extreme fatigue and sweating will need to be addressed. That already sounds like a lot! He'll be able to see I've lost my hair. Can you believe the primary said maybe I should see a dermatologist when I brought up hair loss last month? Don't take the symptoms I've been talking about for a couple of years and think, hmmmm, what is going on here? Anyway, here's hoping.

It's raining and making a mess. The horses are staying in the barn today, it's just too yucky outside. I got neither soup nor bread made yesterday, I'll try for today. My, oh, my. I do the curmudgeon well, don't I. If you are going to do something, do it well. Ciao.

14 comments:

Boud said...

Good idea to present the most disabling symptoms. Then the doc can address them. With any luck, they'll question if you have these other symptoms, too, as they think through a diagnosis. Ask me how I know this! Good luck.

Sandra said...

Boud, let me guess!! I shouldn't be this hard. Mark told me he's always been listened to and respected. huh

Boud said...

He has the added advantage of being tall, which shouldn't matter but in many areas of life it does. Also he doesn't talk funny like me!

37paddington said...

Good plan to stick to the highlights with the new doc. I hope you get to the root of the issue soon. Lack of balance and leg pain isn't easy in snowy climes, I know this first hand. Glad you listened to your body and rested, like the horses. They know what's what.

Sandra said...

Boud, I think mainly it's because his parts are on the outside! An English accent is lovely, not funny. :)

Sandra said...

paddington, I want to scream, but I will be polite and respectful. It is not easy to navigate slippery surfaces, especially with a cane. They tend to slip when too much pressure is applied. Which is kind of the purpose of a cane! Horses do know what's what, no doubt of that.

Bohemian said...

This is why I'm glad they assigned me to a NP rather than a Doctor, they take more time with you, really listen and go deeper, it's not cattle call and missing important things to avoid an escalation of serious decline. I do hope you're able to get these things addressed since it's a lot to process and must mean something is wrong that should be looked into seriously. The Cat images are adorable, same pose... and who among us wants another one interrupting our orderly lives? *winks*

Sandra said...

It does feel like a cattle call, Dawn. My health is declining and I really don't know what to do. Hopefully I'll get some attention from this dr.

No kidding, no one wants a orderly life disordered!

Val Ewing said...

I read some articles recently from different doctors and their thoughts on working with patients.
One doctor described busy doctors and how they 'gaslighted' [hate that word] their female patients.
Add being a bit of a senior person and the doctors tend to tune the patient out hearing 'blah, blah blah' instead of listening.
Seems doctors don't really understand women as much as the men? Or there are more studies on men.

Your plan is good. When I doctor has to write his/her S O A P notes, they need those facts.
I used to transcribe notes as well as billing.
Subject
Objective
Assessment
Plan

I generally write down my issues if any and have them to give to the doc.
My PA has known me for 30 years so she tends to chat on a bit. I am a very lucky person.
:)
Oh. I met a cat that likes to hiss at me!
Later!

Pixie said...

I'm glad the book is helping. The author is right, doctors want to fix and when they can't fix, I don't think they know what to do.

Sandra said...

Val, I think I ask how much he wants to know about me, not just my issues. What they see is grey hair, aged and overweight by a lot. Their mind takes it from there. My son hit it on the head when I told him I got the same attitude from women drs. He told me they are part of the patriarchy, no matter the gender. The medical establishment is firmly rooted in patriarchal thinking. Often unaware. I think I'm going to switch to a PA as my primary.

Sandra said...

Pixie, I have finished the book. It felt like I was in the book. I did think as she often commented on being a dismissed young woman, just wait, it gets worse. I think drs are working an assembly line and we become a product.

The Happy Whisk said...

Hope your new doctor can help. We've been through a share of this last year with hubby getting sick. Here's to a better year ahead for all who are dealing with doctors and health issues.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Ivy. It's been a hard few years. Maybe this will be the year of health.