Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, January 6, 2023

Winterscape

Not quite Currier & Ives. It would need to be undisturbed.


Mark spent all day either getting a truck unstuck or finishing the plowing. The horses didn't get out until noon. They were rockin' and rollin'!


It's pretty out there. It's even prettier today as the moisture of yesterday's mild weather froze into hoar frost with single digit temperatures overnight.



Mark did get hot soup for lunch. He had two bowls! Over the years he has learned to appreciate soup. He found he wasn't going to change my soup making ways so he might as well change his mind about soup not being food. Weirdo.


I have two separate deliveries coming today; Costco and Chewy. There shouldn't be any trouble. I do most shopping online. I order from Aldi and then pick it up. Mark will be getting the Aldi order today after radiation. He drives past the store on the way to the clinic. It's a great service, especially for people like me with limited mobility.

That's the weather and food report. No cats or dogs today. 


10 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

For Christmas weekend we were under single digits and burr. Oh my gosh, I love that tree covered in snow. I just love it.

Soup? Always I'm in for soup. Such a great meal. Two bowls, go Mark!

Aldi, I love that store. The produce at ours is so good. I've heard great things about Chewy.

We do curbside pickup at Target. It's just wonderful. They put the stuff in the trunk. Or, I'll get the stuff sent to the house. Either way, I love these services.

Happy 2023, cheers, Ivy.

marlane said...

Thank goodness for online services for us that need it. Plus i discovered how to reserve books at our libraryal though I do have to go in and get them.

Lori Skoog said...

Your photos are gorgeous!

Val Ewing said...

Wow! That sure is beautiful. Digging out and plowing from that had to be quite the job.
I know my equine love fresh new snow to roll and frolic in. Maybe not a foot of snow though!

Sounds like you have everything under control.

Sandra said...

Ivy, it really is beautiful. It's a lot of work but the beauty helps.

I use the curbside pick up all the time. I had it delivered for a year and then they started grocery pick up, which is great.

Soup is a favorite for me, too. I love to make stock, which my overflowing freezer will attest to! Stay warm.

Sandra said...

marlane, I used to like to grocery shop before I started having physical problems 3 years ago. Now I am so grateful for the service, too.

I get library books online through the county library. Mostly audiobooks but also ebooks. It's fantastic!

Sandra said...

Thank.Lori. I took them through the window and the light was in my face so I couldn't see well. The camera gets all the credit this time!

Sandra said...

Val, it took about 8 hrs over 2 days to get it all cleared. Mark says he's going on the roof today. We have large icicles on the eaves. It was just above freezing on Thursday and we had some melt those things are huge! Yes, they love to roll in fresh snow, such joy.

e said...

That soup looks divine! Stay warm.

Sandra said...

e, it was good!