Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Not Title Worthy

Leftover duck turned into a pasta for last evenings dinner.


I'm a bit blue this morning. My lower back is spasming and it's hard to feel anything but unhappy about that. Mark has gone for radiation so it's just me and the four-leggers for awhile. One of those four-leggers won't stop barking.🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm halfway through Bob Woodward's book. I have no words. I understand his disorder, my mother was DT before DT was born. What I don't understand is the people around him and the ardent base. It's all right there. Just look. But then Kate had that, too. Just much smaller and less destructive on the large scale. Not on the small one. Ah, well.










8 comments:

marlane said...

Thanks for figuring it out I will be looking at those pedigrees for a while. How do you get all the horses from the barn to turnout. We have to lead ours one by one. Hubbys back went out few days ago from shoveling dirt He took pain killers and is ok now. Mine would go out every month when I was trimming my own horses feet.

Sandra said...

Marlane, they are led out and in individually. It is labor intensive. Spasms are awful. The sharp, stabbing pain. It went away be late morning. The boys are well-bred.

e said...

Alternating heat and ice as well as movement can help with those spasms. I'm glad they've abated for now.

Val Ewing said...

Yikes. Sorry about the back spasms.

Sandra said...

e, I think some time with my heating pad is in order.

Sandra said...

Val, yikes for sure!

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry to read about your back. Hope Mark is doing well.

Sandra said...

I have back problems but those spasms can bring you to your knees, Ivy. Mark is doing quite well!