Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sunday Morning

no one can deny
even though one may try
he is the cat guy


Gatto took a leap at Mark from a kitchen chair, landing like a cartoon cat splatted against a wall, on Mark's torso. Claws dug in. He'd been trying to get his attention and didn't. Gatto wanted to be picked up and held, so like any self-respecting narcissistic feline, he took the situation into his own claws. After being unceremoniously put on the ground by a man yelping in pain, he got what he wanted. Don't they always?

10 comments:

Boud said...

Cat level: advanced.

Sandra said...

Boud, Yes! I call him CatManDo.

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful way with words. The two of you seem to be well loved by your cat friends.
Take Care,
Kaye

Sandra said...

Kate, it helps to have such animated subjects! Cats love Mark. He calls it his alley cat charm.

Sandra said...

Kaye, not Kate. Spell check or fumbly fingers

Pixie said...

I have a girlfriend who is very well endowed. Years ago, she came over to my house for something. The cat saw her, saw a shelf I guess, and jumped up on top of her breasts. WTF!

Sandra said...

Pixie, 😂😂 opportunistic bastards!!!

Bohemian said...

Cats are so self-serving, aren't they? But, their Independent Nature is what I like about them, Dogs are too Needy for me. I like Dogs, I just think they are higher maintenance, like a Human Child. So, I'm a Cat Person too and their kind do seem to recognize us who adore them.

Sandra said...

Dawn, they certainly are! I have always been a dog person but I’ve come to appreciate cats a lot. They are easier. The big old shepherd is a love but she sheds like a pro!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cats have their ways!