Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Tri-Pod Kitty in Light

Study Of Cat Staring Out Window


 Where my motivation level has been.


We have been eating a lot of pasta lately. I plan on one thing, lose my oomph, and we end up with pasta. At least it's not frozen pizza. I have my video doctor appointment this afternoon. I plan to ask him if he would be interested in some background info on me. Instead of jumping right into symptoms. We know impressions are formed within seconds, which lead to a bias of one form or another. I think it's important they have some understanding of the person they are supposed to be helping through diagnosis. I've never had a doctor ask me anything about myself, other than why I am there. What's he going to say, no? If so then I know it's a waste of time and just do the perfunctory.

I wonder, when you read the after visit notes do they include whether or not you appeared well-groomed, could speak clearly, seemed aware of your environment, etc. The first time I saw that it seemed condescending. I suppose it's age, but still.....maybe I should write after visit summaries as well. 

Okie-dokie. I'm going into grumbleland. I believe one more cup of coffee is in order, then make sure I'm fit for public viewing. I will try to visit later today. Ciao

13 comments:

Peace Thyme said...

and now, it seems they do not even look at you while asking you those "why are you here" questions. They are too busy putting the words you say into their laptop program. You can learn so much about a patient if you will just look at them!!!!

Pixie said...

I'm in the process of looking for a new family doc and dreading it. My doctor, whom I've known for 31 years is retiring. She delivered Katie and has cared for Katie her whole life. The worst part, very few docs are accepting new patients, we have a shortage of family docs.

Hope it goes better than expected with the doc this afternoon.

Boud said...

I hope for a successful visit today. Let's hope they know how to listen, a rare skill.

Sandra said...

The video kept fading in and out so he called me. He asked what my symptoms are. I told him he should know something about me. So I told him I've had a horse business and now just have horses for 30 years. Long story short he is going to have his nurse call me to get me into the clinic in a couple of weeks. I could feel my defensiveness, which is not a good thing. I did tell him it's important to know something about the patient. I'm not what people assume I am. He asked what is that? That's when I told him about my lifetime with horses and my activity level before all of this started. I said being obese and in my 70s it has been assumed I have been inactive. So that's the news right now. I could use a drink.

Val Ewing said...

In a couple of weeks is far better than a first visit in April right? I think this is a positive thing?

Yes, they include their observations while talking with you. It is standard for the visit notes.

LOL on after visit summaries. Generally you can if you get a questionnaire after the visit. I just had to fill one out for my last visit.

I hope this happens for you !

Boud said...

you're one step ahead anyway. Let's see how it goes. It sounds better than the doctors who'd decided before they knew anything. I came in in the hope of an update, thank you.

Sandra said...

Thanks everyone. I got a headache from this and haven't felt social. I have an in clinic appointment 2/1. If I'm absent for a day or so, I'm ok. Just dealing with frustration and battling down hopelessness. Thank you all. Truly.

marlane said...

It will all be better when you know where you stand and can begin to work on healing your self. Feb 1st is not too far away.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for standing up for yourself and taking control of the narrative.
Take Care,
Kaye
Park City, UT

Sandra said...

Thanks, hopefully I'm about to turn a corner.

Bohemian said...

That first Cat Study at Window Photo is Magnificent, that would be my favorite Room of the House, it is a Beautiful Room and I'm sure the View out those Windows ain't half bad either?

Sandra said...

Dawn, it is my favorite room. The view is of the barn and paddocks, so not a bad view!

Sandra said...

Dawn, btw, that is the blues singer's piano.