Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Cat Comfort

They got a new piece of furniture.


It seems to have their approval.


Gatto finds it cozy.


I decided on soup for lunch.
At the beginning....


....then the finished product. Very quick and pretty good.



I have been working my way through cleaning. It's a real project for me. It's sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I become fatigued and sweat profusely after about ten minutes. I then need thirty minutes to recover and it's an endless cycle. I am persevering, none-the-less. The desiccated thyroid I'm taking has improved my emotional outlook but not my physical condition. It is allowing me to continue my piecemeal approach to tasks, which is a great help. Mark has spent three days on trees, lopping saplings, cutting dead branches and hauling it all the the wood pile. Climate change has done something to these softwoods. We have lived here thirty years and always had to manage them, but they are now growing and reseeding at a level we haven't seen before the last four years. It's becoming unmanageable. He keeps trying.




12 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice cat furniture!

Boud said...

Good for you for persevering! And to Mark for endless tree care. Between you, there's a lot of physical labor going on. Not so much the cats, unless you count furniture testing.

e said...

I respect that you keep trying to do things and I believe you will figure out the rest of the thyroid puzzle and eventually see a change. Those cat beds would be a hit in my house too.

Sandra said...

Far Side, they think so! Got to keep them happy.

Sandra said...

Boud, at least Mark is engaging in a lot of physical labor, me, well....I am trying. The cats absolutely count furniture testing, it's real trial!

Sandra said...

e, I am very pleased my mood is elevated. Even if I can only manage a small amount it isn't stopping me from trying. Before I would just quit. This is better. The cats have a cat tree but I've never seen gate on it. I needed to buy a new scratching post so I got one with a bed. What cat can resist that? None!

Lori Skoog said...

So glad you are up and at um. As per usual, that soup looks spectacular. Our cats have never had that fancy furniture, but they do enjoy ours. Lately, it seems that all we do is let them in and out. When it gets warmer, I'm sure that will slow down. Mark sure keeps busy. We have some old pines and we need to get rid of some dead branches. Gary did some hand mowing today, and with his new hip....said he'd like that to be the last time he does it. May have to get our grandson up here. We are in for a few days of rain.

Val Ewing said...

I think it is amazing what you are doing. One little bit at a time.
Just think of one tiny step at a time.

The veggies for the soup look amazing. Yum.

Cats! I love that new piece of furniture for them.

I spent the day with a hand saw trying to clear a fence line. It is hard hard work.

Sandra said...

Lori, I'm up, the at um part is a bit slow! I have NEVER had cat furniture before the arrival of Frieda. It became a matter of survival! Property maintenance is never-ending. I think it's time to recruit the grandson.

Sandra said...

Val, they were nice and fresh! Tiny steps it all I can do but they are something. Not being despondent sure helps.

You and Mark are doing the hard stuff. Vegetation will have its way.

Bohemian said...

Eli also Loves his Cat Tower, he likes it positioned right by her Bedroom Door so he can ambush anyone coming in... and Bang it against the Wall to get attention when the Song of his People is ignored. *LOL* That Soup looks great, before and after you prepared it actually. Climate Change has altered so much, we're having trouble keeping up on Weeding too, they're growing so large and so fast. Like you, I am having trouble with Stamina in doing almost anything now, it's frustrating... I can work up a Sweat doing damned near nothing and feel so fatigued early into any Project, that it is just ridiculous. Persevere my Friend, we'll get thru it, piecemeal at a time.

Sandra said...

Dawn, it sure does throw a monkey wrench into a life, doesn't it. I had to decide to adapt, which is all I can do.

Eli is naughty! The trees are a huge effort, they are constantly popping up, I don't want to live in the middle of a forest!